Principal Procurement Officer Job at Kenya School of Government
Reporting to the Campus Director, the Principal Procurement Officer will assist in the procurement planning and implementation of procurement policies, procedures and guidelines.
Principal Procurement Officer Job Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Implement procurement policies, regulations and procedures,
- Prepare and update assets database,
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and ethical standards, relating to procurement of goods, services and works,
- Implement an e-procurement system,
- Maintain a catalogue of items identified for disposal,
- Ensure that market surveys and research are conducted,
- Prepare purchase orders and ensuring timely delivery of goods and services,
- Ensure timely opening and evaluation of tenders and quotations,
- Carry out supplies evaluation and appraisals,
- Co-ordinate warehousing of goods and equipment,
- Monitor distribution of goods, and
- Ensure proper stock control and inventory management.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Campus Director.
Skills for the Principal Procurement Officer Job
The ideal candidate for the position of Principal Procurement Officer will be an individual with:
- Relevant experience for a minimum period of three (3) years,
- A Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Procurement and Supply Chain Management; Purchasing and Supplies Management; Supply Chain Management; Procurement and Contract Management; Logistics and Supply Chain Management; Procurement and Logistics Management or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution,
- A Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines:- Logistics and Supply Chain Management; Business Administration (Purchasing and Supplies) or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution,
- Member of a recognized Purchasing and Supplies Management Professional Body,
- A certificate in Senior Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks.
- A certificate in computer applications from a recognized institution, and
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
How to Apply
Please visit our website www.ksg.ac.ke for more information on duties, responsibilities and other requirements
If you believe your qualifications and career objectives match any of the vacant position, please submit your application, including detailed curriculum vitae; stating your current position, email address and telephone contacts.
Applications should be sent to the address below in both hard and soft copy so as to reach us on or before June 23, 2017
The Director General
Kenya School of Government
P.O. Box 23030-00604
Lower Kabete Road,
Kenya School of Government is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
The School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, or any other bases under laws in its programs and activities
Minorities and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Canvassing will result in automatic disqualification.