Assistant Director Advocates Training Programme and Paralegal division at Kenya School of Law
REF: KSL/HR01/2017 KSL 3
Reporting to the Deputy Director, the position leads the ATP and Paralegal division as Core Business Unit of the School by providing leadership and strategic direction. The Position also ensures effective functioning of the division and overall responsible for ensuring quality of programs and compliance with standards.
The position is also accountable for ensuring the division has qualified, well trained, highly motivated and performing team of teaching staff.
Responsibilities for the Assistant Director Advocates Training Programme Job
- Lead the development and implementation of systems standards, policies and procedures in relation to delivery of the Advocates Training Program and Paralegal studies
- Lead continuous curriculum review of the programs in consultation with stakeholders
- Lead the implementation of strategies for the effective implementation of the Advocates Training program and Paralegal studies.
- Ensure compliance with approved budget including prudent and timely spending;
- Advice the Deputy Director on development of policies in relation to the Advocates Training Program and Paralegal Studies;
- Initiate and maintain linkages with relevant institutions in the promotion of best practice Advocates
- Training Program & Paralegal Studies Program;
Qualifications for the Assistant Director Advocates Training Programme
- Possess a minimum of an LLM degree or equivalent from a recognized university;
- Have worked for a minimum of 12 years 5 of which should be in an academic institution in a teaching capacity;
- Have the ability to coordinate and conduct legal training programmes;
- Have ability to supervise staff;
- Have excellent planning and organizational skills;
- Have excellent communication skills with the ability to prepare and present concise oral and written reports;
- Have good Information Communication Technology skills;
- Have good customer care and public relations skills;
- Possess good interpersonal relations skills and be a team player
- Have the ability to work under minimal supervision.
Basic Salary: KES 215,600 x 10,951.11 to 226,551.11 x 10,951.11 to 237,5022 x 10,951.11 to 248,4533 x 10,951.11 to 259,4044 x 10,951.11 to 270,3556 x 10,951.11 to 281,3067 x 10,951.11 to 292,2578x 10,951.11 to 303,2089 x 10,951.11 to 314,160 per month.
House Allowance: 60,000
Commuter Allowance: 12,000
How To Apply
Applications should include the job reference number, a reliable email address, and daytime telephone contact and must be accompanied with a detailed curriculum vitae and copies of relevant certificates. Email applications will not be considered.
Send your application to:
The Director/Chief Executive Officer
Kenya School of Law
Langata South Road Karen
P O Box 3036900100
So as to reach him not later than 31st March, 2017. Applications can also be dropped at our Dropping Zone 141 Revlon Professional Plaza, Tubman Road,
Kenya School of Law is an equal opportunity employer. Women and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.