Assistant Director Continuous Professional Development, Projects & Research at Kenya School of Law
REF: KSL/HR03/2017 Grade: KSL 3
Reporting to the Deputy Director, the position leads the department as a Strategic Business Unit of the School by providing leadership and strategic direction.
Responsibilities for the Assistant Director Continuous Professional Development, Projects & Research
- Develop and implement strategies to realize set revenue and business growth targets of the Centre;
- Lead the development of policies and support efficient delivery of Legal Training, Research and Consultancy services;
- Lead the development of systems and procedures to assure efficient service delivery and quality of services to exceed customer expectations;
- Oversee the recruitment and development of a core team of staff for the Centre both fulltime and part time;
- Initiate and implement recruitment, development and retention strategies of staff in collaboration with the Head of Human Resource;
- Lead the development and implementation of a suitable marketing programme for the Centre’s services.
Qualifications for the Assistant Director Continuous Professional Development, Projects & Research
- Possess an LLM degree or equivalent from a recognized university;
- Have at least 12 years working experience 5 of which should be as a Trainer/ Consultant in an academic institution;
- Have the ability to coordinate and conduct legal training programmes;
- Have ability to supervise staff;
- Have excellent planning and organizational skills;
- Have excellent communication skills with the ability to prepare and present concise oral and written reports;
Have good Information Communication Technology skills;
- Have good customer care and public relations skills;
- Possess good interpersonal relations skills and be a team player
- Have the ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to design, coordinate and conduct legal training programmes
- High level experience in the legal field
- Exposure in Marketing and, or Business Development
- Have ability to supervise professional staff
- Have excellent planning and organizational skills
- Have excellent communication skills with the ability to prepare and present concise oral and written reports
Basic Salary: KES 215,600 x 10,951.11 to 226,551.11 x 10,951.11 to 237,5022 x 10,951.11 to 248,4533 x 10,951.11 to 259,4044 x 10,951.11 to 270,3556 x 10,951.11 to 281,3067 x 10,951.11 to 292,2578x 10,951.11 to 303,2089 x 10,951.11 to 314,160 per month.
House Allowance: 60,000
Commuter Allowance: 12,000
How To Apply
All applications should include the job reference number, a reliable email address, daytime telephone contact and must be accompanied with a detailed curriculum vitae and copies of relevant certificates. Email applications will not be considered.
Send your application to:
The Director/Chief Executive Officer
Kenya School of Law
Langata South Road Karen
P O Box 3036900100
So as to reach him not later than 31st March, 2017. Applications can also be dropped at our Dropping Zone 141 Revlon Professional Plaza, Tubman Road, Nairobi.
Kenya School of Law is an equal opportunity employer. Women and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.