Chef Jobs at the Kenya School of Law
KSL/HR03/2017 Grade: KSL 7
Reporting to the Administration Officer, Hospitality, this is a supervisory position whose incumbent will be the overall incharge of food assembly, preparation, production, placement, delivery, and the use, care and
maintenance of kitchen equipment.
Responsibilities for the Chef Job
- Responsible for developing and implementing policies, procedures and methods for food production.
- Design menus specific to client needs;
- Monitor and maintain the inventory of food and supplies;
- Ensure that the standard of cleanliness is high and maintained;
- Responsible for care and maintenance of kitchen equipment;
- Preparation of price fluctuation charts and other appropriate records;
Qualifications for the Chef Job
- A diploma in Food Production from a recognized training Institution
- Have thorough knowledge of culinary art including cooking, baking, salad preparation and food presentation.
- Must be thoroughly conversant with different methods of food storage and preservation Have a minimum three (3) years working experience as a chef in a busy kitchen
- Possess a valid Food Handlers Certificate.
- Ability to supervise staff working in the kitchen
- Planning and organization skills
- Ability to maintain proper records
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
Basic Salary: KES 67,612 x 3,434 to 71,046 x 3,434 to 74,480 x 3,434 to 77,914 x 3,434 to 81,348 x 3,434 to 84,782 x 3,434 to 88,216 x 3,434 to 91,650 x 3,434 to 95,084 x 3,434 to 98,518 per month
House Allowance: 25,333
Commuter Allowance: 6,000
How To Apply
All applications should include the job reference number, a reliable email address, daytime telephone contact and must be accompanied with a detailed curriculum vitae and copies of relevant certificates. Email applications will not be considered.
Send your application to:
The Director/Chief Executive Officer
Kenya School of Law
Langata South Road Karen
P O Box 3036900100
So as to reach him not later than 31st March, 2017. Applications can also be dropped at our Dropping Zone 141 Revlon Professional Plaza, Tubman Road,
Kenya School of Law is an equal opportunity employer. Women and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.