Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service Job Vacancy : HR & Administration Assistant
The Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service is a Body Corporate established under Section 55 of the Universities Act No. 42 of 2012 to, among other functions, coordinate the placement of Government-sponsored students to universities and colleges. The job holder is responsible for carrying out human resource and administrative activities assigned to him/her by the Human Resource and Administration Officer.
HR & Administration Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Assist in collection, collation, and analysis of human resource data from Departments;
- Assist in administering HR-related documentation, such as contracts of employment;
- Assist in the planning, coordination and control of recruitment, appointments, employee relations and disciplinary activities;
- Ensuring that relevant HR database and filing systems are up to date and accurate;
- Assist in all administrative activities relating to medical cover, insurance, health and safety, staff retirement benefits and staff leave administration;
- Assist in the coordination of performance appraisal, training and development activities;
- Handle employee relations and welfare issues;
- And any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements for the HR & Administration Assistant Job
- Have served in the position of Human Resource and Administrative Assistant for a minimum period of two (2) years or in a comparable and relevant position in the public or private sector;
- Have a Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or related qualifications;
- Possession of a Diploma in HR Management or related qualification will be an added advantage;
- Have demonstrated a high degree of professional competence, integrity and a clear understanding of Human Resource Management function;
- Be proficient in the relevant computer applications;
- Have met the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity.
How to Apply
Interested applicants MUST complete the Online Job Application Process on the Placement Service website and attach a detailed CV, copies of certificates and proof of satisfying the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
The application deadline is August 25, 2017, close of business.
The Placement Service is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities, women and candidates from marginalised regions are encouraged to apply. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.