Chief Accountant Jobs at the Kenya Urban Roads Authority
REF: KURA/F&A/SA/17/9 JG 6 – (1 POST)
Responsibilities for the Chief Accountant Job
Reporting to the Manager Finance, the incumbent will;
- Maintain of uptodate books of accounts;
- Coordinate responses to audit queries;
- Support treasury management;
- Process payments and other disbursements;
- Undertake project accounting
- Carry out bank reconciliations;
- Undertake working capital/liquidity management;
- Undertake payment of statutory deductions and returns (e.g. NSSF, NHIF, PAYE, Withholding tax, etc.)
- Prepare accurate and timely financial statements and reports;
- Ensure safe custody of the Authority’s accountable documents; and
- Perform any other lawful duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications for the Accountant Job
- Appointment to the position will be made from persons who:
- Hold Bachelor of Commerce degree or Business Administration or its equivalent from a recognized university;
- Have full accounting qualifications (CA, ACCA, CPA or an equivalent qualification);
- Are members of Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) or a recognized relevant professional;
- Have working knowledge of computerized accounting system;
- Have satisfactorily served as Accountant 1 in the Authority or a comparable position with similar responsibilities in like organizations for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Have high degree of integrity and dependability; and
- Have strong interpersonal relations, analytical and communication skills.
How To Apply
Interested candidates who meet the minimum qualifications should submit applications together with their updated CVs including details of their day time contacts, names and contacts of three referees, while at the same time attaching copies of all certificates and testimonials to be hand delivered or mailed so as to reach the Director General at the address below not later than 7th April, 2017.
All envelopes/applications should have the respective job reference number clearly marked. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
The Kenya Urban Roads Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Youth and Persons Living with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The Director General
Kenya Urban Roads Authority (KURA)
IKM BUILDING, Tower B, 5th Ngong Avenue, Opposite Bishops Gate
P.O. Box 4172700100, GPO, NAIROBI