Manger Roads Jobs at the Kenya Urban Roads Authority
The Kenya Urban Roads Authority (KURis a State Corporation under the Ministry of Transport, Infrastructure, Housing & Urban Development with the core mandate of management, development, rehabilitation and maintenance of National Urban Trunk Roads.
REF: KURA/MNT/MR/17/2 JG 8 – (1 POST)
The incumbent will be responsible for entire roads project life cycle to include design, construction, and maintenance and project completion.
Responsibilities for the Manager Roads Job
- Be responsible for the Road Project cycle which includes planning, design, construction and maintenance.
- The person shall be responsible for all the resources within his/her section which includes funds, equipment and human capital.
- Monitor and coordinate field operations to ensure compliance with the set standards and specifications.
- The person may be designated as a Regional Manager in any of the Authority’s regional offices.
- The person may be designated as a Project Manager in any of the Authority’s special projects.
- Ensuring review of development plans for compliance with adopted road engineering standards and good engineering practices.
- Responsible for implementation of the policies of the Authority.
- Preparing annual work programs, budgets and procurement plans.
- Supervision of road works and services.
- Carrying out of general administration
- Performance of any other duties as assigned by the General Manager (Maintenance)
Qualifications for the Manager Roads Job
- Degree in Civil Engineering or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Registered Engineer with the Engineers Board of Kenya.
- Working ICT knowledge for road management systems.
- Be a member of Institution of Engineers of Kenya (IEK).
- Experience in Labour Based Works.
- Seven (7) years post registration experience and three (3) years in a Senior Management position with relevant experience and responsibility.
- Demonstrable knowledge in planning, design, construction and maintenance of roads.
- Demonstrable knowledge of public procurement systems and processes as used by the
- Government of Kenya, multilateral and bilateral development partners.
- Strong interpersonal relations and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to build cohesive teams and achieve set targets through team work.
How To Apply
Interested candidates who meet the minimum qualifications should submit applications together with their updated CVs including details of their day time contacts, names and contacts of three referees, while at the same time attaching copies of all certificates and testimonials to be hand delivered or mailed so as to reach the Director General at the address below not later than 7th April, 2017.
All envelopes/applications should have the respective job reference number clearly marked. The Kenya Urban Roads Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Women, Youth and Persons Living with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The Director General
Kenya Urban Roads Authority (KURA)
IKM BUILDING, Tower B, 5th Ngong Avenue, Opposite Bishops Gate
P.O. Box 4172700100, GPO, NAIROBI.