Kenya Water Towers Corporation Secretary Job 2018
KWT 4 ( 1 POST)
Descriptions for the Corporation Secretary Job
The Corporation Secretary will be answerable administratively to the Director General and functionally to the Board of Directors and will be responsible for:-
- Providing guidance to the Board on their duties and responsibilities and on matters of governance;
- (ii) Assist the Board in carrying out the following functions;
- Board Induction and training;
- Updating the Board and Committee Charters;
- Preparation of Board work plans;
- Board Evaluation;
- Governance Audit;
- Implementation of code of conduct and ethics;
- Ensure the timely preparation and circulation of Board and Committee Papers
- Ensure the timely circulation of Board and Committee minutes;
- Be the legal custodian of the seal of the Organization, legal documents, Board and Board Committee minutes;
- Maintain and update a register of conflict of interest;
- Ensure the Board Members are aware of all relevant laws affecting the organization;
- Facilitate effective communication between the organization and stakeholders;
- Ensure the annual returns are promptly filled and returned to the relevant authorities;
- Except in exceptional circumstances, ensure the Board and Committee papers are circulated in time.
- Lead, oversee and coordinate the delivery of effective Board secretarial, legal, property management, insurance services to the company;
- Provide legal advisory services to all areas of the agency with regard to commercial contracts, disputes resolution, compliance, procurement, securities, regulatory and employment issues, along with other areas of potential risk to the agency; exercise independent legal judgment, provide direct legal advice, environment, tax, real estate,
- Establish efficient and effective insurance policies to protect KWTA assets and earnings at the least cost possible;
- Ensure all company contracts and agreements safeguard KWTA interest and protect the Company from contractual risks;
- Prepare briefs for the Executive management meeting and Board papers on policy proposals for presentation to the Parliament through the Ministry; and
- Coach, mentor, and develop talent to ensure excellent delivery and performance.
Corporation Secretary Job Specifications
For appointment to this grade a candidate must:-
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration or Law (LLM); from a recognized institution;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law (LLB);
- Diploma in Legal Studies (Kenya School of Law);
- Certified Public Secretary of Kenya (CPSK);
- An advocate of the High Court of Kenya;
- A Member of the Law Society of Kenya (LSK) with a current practicing certificate;
- Have attended a management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks;
- Have at least six (6) years relevant work experience, three (3) of which must be at a senior management position;
- Have professional, Management and administrative skills;
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the Kenya Vision 2030 and related development goals; and
- Be computer literate;
- Excellent leadership competencies including analytical skills, excellent organization and coordination skills and ability to make difficult decisions;
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya on Leadership and Integrity.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can download specific job requirements for each post and application form from the KWTA website www.kwta.go.ke
Those who meet the requirements can send their application form either in soft copy in MS word and PDF via email to [email protected] or drop hard copies in sealed envelopes at the KWTA Registry on 15th floor NHIF Building. Online, posted and hand delivered applications must bear the Title and Number of the Vacancy being applied for.
The applications both electronic and hard copies should reach the undersigned not later than 7th May, 2018 at close of business (5pm).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Director General Kenya Water Towers Agency (KWTA)
NHIF Bldg, 15th Floor, Ragati Rd, Off Ngong Rd
P.O. Box 42903-00100
GPO Nairobi- KENYA
KWTA is an equal opportunity employer; persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.