Level: KWT 7
The Officer will report to the Assistant Director Ecosystem Assessment
Data Officer Job Responsibilities
- Assisting in acquisition and management of spatial datasets for all the water towers;
- Assisting in development of a spatial database for all the water towers using software’s such as PostGIS, SQL Server, mobile servers etc.;
- Contributing in mapping and modeling of Water Towers ecosystem services
- Assisting in assessment of land cover and land use trends in all the water towers;
- Contributing in assessment of water towers ecological integrity and map priority rehabilitation sites;
- Developing cartographic products and spatial data to support development of the Water Towers status reports and other KWTA activities;
- Assisting in development of the Water Towers Status Report and Directorate’s quarterly/annual reports;
- Undertaking field data collection, processing, archiving and dissemination of information;
- Contributing in development of a data platform and web based information access and visualization on the status of Water Towers;
- Assisting in development of innovative technologies for assessing, monitoring and evaluating status of the Water Towers;
- Supporting in training staff and stakeholders on acquisition of data using GIS and Remote sensing technology.
Qualifications for the Data Officer Job
- A KCSE certificate with Minimum of C plain or its Equivalent;
- A Diploma from a recognized institution in the following fields:-Natural Resource Management, Meteorology, Hydrology, Cartography, GIS &Remote sensing, Environmental Science or in any other relevant field;
- Demonstrate good understanding field and secondary data collection;
- Have relevant computer applications skills
- Demonstrate communication and leadership skills
- Practical and theoretical knowledge on GIS and Remote Sensing data analysis will be added advantage;
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya on Leadership and Integrity
How to Apply
Download application forms at www.kwta.go.ke Applicants can email their applications in soft copy in MS word and PDF to: [email protected] with the Title and No. of the Position being applied for as the subject.
Hard copies can also be submitted in a sealed envelope marked with the Title and No. of the position applied for and dropped at the KWTA Registry on 15th floor NHIF Building or posted to the
Director General, Kenya Water Towers Agency P.O.BOX 42903, 00100 NAIROBI.
All “text boxes” are expandable. Please keep a copy of your completed form for your own reference.
Insert a description of your Education and Professional Qualifications. Please do not attach any copies of certificates. Those shortlisted will be required to present original academic/professional and membership certificates as well as ID/Passport on the day of the interview.
The shortlisted candidates will be required to present original copies of recent clearance certificates from Kenya Revenue Authority, Credit Reference Bureau, Higher Education Loans Board, Ethics & Anti-corruption Commission and Directorate of Criminal Investigation. Do not attach any copies.
Please do not send in your CV. The application form will be the only information used for short-listing purposes.
Closing date for all applications is 11th July, 2017 at close of business (5pm). Late applications shall NOT be considered.
KWTA is an equal opportunity employer; persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.