Level: KWT 6
The Officer will report to the Assistant Director Ecosystem Assessment
Research Officer Job Responsibilities
- Carrying out assessments and generate information to support development of the Water Towers status report;
- Assisting in assessing and monitoring of rehabilitation and conservation activities in the Water Towers;
- Developing field data collection protocols for assessing and monitoring the Water Towers;
- Carrying out field data collection, entry, analysis, archiving and reporting on the status of the Water Towers;
- Assisting in generation of baseline data and information on water towers, critical water catchment areas and biodiversity hotspots;
- Contributing in generation of data on climate change impacts, mitigation and adaptation measures in the Water towers;
- Assisting in economic valuation of the water tower status;
- Contributing in monitoring of the climate change in the Water Towers (mitigation and adaptation);
- Assisting in development of stakeholders inventory in the Water Towers;
- Undertaking rapid assessment of critical natural resource elements within the Water Tower;
- Assisting in preparation of the Directorate’s quarterly/annual reports on status of the water tower for the department;
- Contributing in development and implementation of the Water Towers monitoring program;
- Assisting in development of the Directorate’s budgets and reports;
Qualifications for the Research Officer Job
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields:-Natural Resource Management, Ecology, Environmental Planning, Environmental Economics, Environmental Science or any other relevant field
- Have demonstrated professional competence, leadership qualities as well as good understanding of Natural Resources sector;
- Demonstrate good understanding field and secondary data collection;
- Have strong practical and theoretical knowledge on GIS and Remote Sensing data analysis;
- Have relevant computer applications skills
- Demonstrate communication and leadership skills
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya on Leadership and Integrity
How to Apply
Download application forms at www.kwta.go.ke Applicants can email their applications in soft copy in MS word and PDF to: [email protected] with the Title and No. of the Position being applied for as the subject.
Hard copies can also be submitted in a sealed envelope marked with the Title and No. of the position applied for and dropped at the KWTA Registry on 15th floor NHIF Building or posted to the
Director General, Kenya Water Towers Agency P.O.BOX 42903, 00100 NAIROBI.
All “text boxes” are expandable. Please keep a copy of your completed form for your own reference.
Insert a description of your Education and Professional Qualifications. Please do not attach any copies of certificates. Those shortlisted will be required to present original academic/professional and membership certificates as well as ID/Passport on the day of the interview.
The shortlisted candidates will be required to present original copies of recent clearance certificates from Kenya Revenue Authority, Credit Reference Bureau, Higher Education Loans Board, Ethics & Anti-corruption Commission and Directorate of Criminal Investigation. Do not attach any copies.
Please do not send in your CV. The application form will be the only information used for short-listing purposes.
Closing date for all applications is 11th July, 2017 at close of business (5pm). Late applications shall NOT be considered.
KWTA is an equal opportunity employer; persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.