Level: KWT 5
The officer will be answerable to the Manager Finance and Accounts.
Finance & Accounts Officer Job Responsibilities
- Assisting, updating and review subsidiary ledgers and reconciling them to the general ledger;
- Ensure supplier and customer accounts are reconciled on monthly basis;
- Ensure proper Management of cash through implementation of controls;
- Assist in reviewing bank reconciliations on weekly basis;
- Ensure tax compliance in all operations;
- Assist in preparation of annual statutory accounts and manage statutory audits as well as implement the agreed upon internal audit recommendations;
- Analyze customer credit data and financial statements to determine the degree of risks involved;
- Maintain book of debtors, debt accounts and monitor payments and update records and periodically reconcile their accounts;
- Review individual or commercial customer files to identify and select delinquent accounts for collection and advising Management on creditors that need to be written off as bad debts and or deal with liquidators and collection agencies;
- Evaluate customer records and recommend payment plans based on earnings, savings data, payment history and purchase activity.
Qualifications for the Finance & Accounts Officer Job
- Have a Bachelors of Commerce Degree (Accounting/Finance Option) or its equivalent;
- Have passed part III (final) of Certified Public Accountants (Kenya) Examination, or its equivalent;
- Be registered with Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK);
- Have at least four (4) years’ experience in a relevant field;
- Have relevant computer applications skills
- Demonstrate communication and leadership skills
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya on Leadership and Integrity
How to Apply
Download application forms at www.kwta.go.ke Applicants can email their applications in soft copy in MS word and PDF to: [email protected] with the Title and No. of the Position being applied for as the subject.
Hard copies can also be submitted in a sealed envelope marked with the Title and No. of the position applied for and dropped at the KWTA Registry on 15th floor NHIF Building or posted to the
Director General, Kenya Water Towers Agency P.O.BOX 42903, 00100 NAIROBI.
All “text boxes” are expandable. Please keep a copy of your completed form for your own reference.
Insert a description of your Education and Professional Qualifications. Please do not attach any copies of certificates. Those shortlisted will be required to present original academic/professional and membership certificates as well as ID/Passport on the day of the interview.
The shortlisted candidates will be required to present original copies of recent clearance certificates from Kenya Revenue Authority, Credit Reference Bureau, Higher Education Loans Board, Ethics & Anti-corruption Commission and Directorate of Criminal Investigation. Do not attach any copies.
Please do not send in your CV. The application form will be the only information used for short-listing purposes.
Closing date for all applications is 11th July, 2017 at close of business (5pm). Late applications shall NOT be considered.
KWTA is an equal opportunity employer; persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.