Kenyatta National Hospital
Job Title: Manager Accident & Emergency (A&E)
Job Group K3
The Accident &Emergency (A&E) Manager will be responsible to the Senior Assistant Director, Surgical services for planning, organization, control and co-ordination of Clinical and Administrative Services in A&E.
Specific duties include:-
- Effective management of emergency treatment and admission of patients.
- Promoting efficient and high standards of clinical care to patients.
- Co-ordination and follow-up of cases needing inter-discipline consultations.
- Co-ordinating rotations of Registrars in Accident &Emergency.
- Provision of specialized clinical opinions and advice as necessary.
- Participating in the planning and management of health care programmes and projects in the Hospital.
- Participating in clinical research, clinical audit and teaching.
- Planning and implementing strategic changes to improve service delivery.
- Analyzing data for quality assurance and monitoring purposes to ensure services meet required standards and compliance.
- Creating policies for quality assurance and patient services.
- Promote and implement new types of medical treatments and equipment.
- Co-ordinating specialized teams both medical and non-medical during disasters.
- Facilitate communication.
- Effective supervision, training and development of staff.
- Leading and spearheading the Hospital’s transformational Agenda.
- Be a medical practitioner with MBchB.
- Be a holder of Masters degree in one of the following fields, Internal medicine, Surgery, Emergency medicine or Orthopaedics
- At least two (2) years experience after attainment of Masters Degree.
- Specialist Recognition Certificate issued by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists’ Board of Kenya.
- Current registration and practicing license issued by Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board.
- To provide acceptable professional indemnity cover.
- Must be in possession of either a management course, SLDP or its equivalent.
- Evidence of research and publications in reputable local or international journals on particular scientific findings/practices in the relevant field.
- ACLS, ATLS and leadership training will be an added advantage.
This position is on a three (3) year renewable contract subject to satisfactory performance.
Candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 including providing the following documents;
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau
How to Apply
Interested candidates for this position and who meet the minimum requirements are requested to fill and submit the Hospital application form (CLICK HERE to download) with copies of certificates and testimonials on or before 11th November 2015 to the address below:
The Chief Executive Officer, Kenyatta National Hospital, P. O. Box 20723-00202 Nairobi
Kenyatta National Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and qualified candidates with disabilities are encouraged to apply.