Fire Investigator Job Vacancy At KU In Kenya
Kenyatta University wishes to recruit qualified and dedicated applicants for vacant positions in the office of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Administration):
Qualifications ForÂ Fire Investigator JobsÂ
- KCE Division III/ KCSE Mean Grade C (Plain) and above
- Diploma in Fire Science or Disaster response/Management from a recognized institution
- At least three (3) years experience of fire scene investigative experience and analysis
- Experience or training as a Criminal investigator
- Certificate in fire fighting and first aid
- Demonstrate working knowledge which includes fire prevention principles, investigation methods, fire fighting tactics, emergency medical technician training, fire service administration and legal issues
- Current Certified Fire Investigation (CFI) or Certified Fire and Explosion (CFI) accreditation
- Medically and physically fit
- Knowledge of building construction materials and the effect of fire on them
- Background knowledge in mechanical, electrical, civil or chemical engineering
Â Â Â How to Apply
Â Â Â
- The successful candidate will be offered two (2) years renewable performance-based contract and a generous remuneration.
- The applicants should provide full details of educational and professional qualification, work experience, present post and salary, applicantâ€™s telephone number and e-mail address.
- Copies of certificates and testimonials should also be enclosed giving the names and addresses of three (3) referees who are conversant with the applicantâ€™s competence in area of specialization.
- Applicants and Referees should write directly to:
- Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Administration) Kenyatta University P. O. BOX 43844 â€“ 00100 NAIROBI
- Applications and letters from the referees should be received not later than Friday, 13th May 2016
- Kenyatta University is an equal opportunity employer and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.