Assistant Environmentalist Careers At KETRACO In Kenya
Kenya Electricity Transmission Company Limited (KETRACO) is a 100% state-owned corporation incorporated on 2nd December, 2008 under the Company’s Act, Cap 486 as a
State Corporation pursuant to the Sessional Paper No. 4 of 2004 on Energy. The Mandate of the Company is to plan, design, construct, operate and maintain high voltage electricity
transmission infrastructure, the National Electricity Transmission Grid and Regional Interconnectors.
In order to meet the planned growth and improve access to electricity in Kenya, KETRACO wishes to identify and recruit capable officers to fill the following positions;
Assistant Environmentalists (3) REF: KETRACO/5/1C/40/78/VOL I -B
Reporting to: Senior Environmentalist
Terms: 2 year contract or the duration of the identified Transmission infrastructure project;
Assistant Environmentalist Job Responsibilities In Kenya
The Assistant Environmentalist will perform the following functions related to specific projects;-
- Sensitize community on environmental issues
- Collection of environmental baseline data within the project area
- Liaising with KFS and KWS in way leave acquisition in gazetted protected areas such as forests, national parks and game reserves
- Ensure contractor compliance with ESMP
- Preparation of monthly reports
- Preparation of quarterly reports
- Handling and documentation of environmental concerns from the project area
- Conduct safety checks
Qualifications For Assistant Environmentalist Jobs In Kenya
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental studies
- Registration with NEMA as an EIA associate expert
- For Assistant Environmentalists, the job involves continuous travelling to the field sometimes even over the weekends and public holidays, communicating with contractors, the Project Implementation Teams and the Project Affected Persons (PAPS) as well as travelling on very short notices which one has to be prepared for all the time.
How to Apply
- Candidates who meet the requirements should submit their applications so as to reach the address shown below (clearly stating the reference no. in the letter and on the envelope) by close of business on 24th March, 2016 at 5.00pm. Applications to include CVs with details of day time contacts, current and expected salary, notice period required to take up appointment, names and contacts of three referees. Applicants must also attach copies of all Certificates/Testimonials, and copy of National ID/Passport.
- MANAGING DIRECTOR, Kenya Electricity Transmission Company Limited, KAWI COMPLEX, 4th Floor, Popo Road, South C, along Red Cross Road, P.O. Box 34942 – 00100, NAIROBI.
- KETRACO is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Applications without the relevant qualifications, copies of documents/ details as sought for will not be considered. Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.