The Kenya Electricity Transmission Company Limited (KETRACO) is a 100% state-owned corporation incorporated on 2nd December, 2008 under the Company’s Act, Cap 486 as a State Corporation pursuant to the Sessional Paper No. 4 of 2004 on Energy.
The Mandate of the Company is to plan, design, construct, operate and maintain high voltage electricity transmission infrastructure, the National Electricity Transmission Grid and Regional Interconnectors.
KETRACO’s Vision is to be a world-class electricity transmission company and the leading inter-connector in Africa.
The Mission of the Company is to build and operate a national electricity transmission network that is reliable, efficient, effective, safe and environment-friendly through innovative and best practices; and to promote regional power trade for socio-economic development.
To achieve the above mandate, KETRACO has so far completed and commissioned 1,115.5km of transmission lines with 5000km committed and on-going projects.
The Company has an asset base of over Kshs. 77 Billion. In addition, and to increase access to electricity, KETRACO plans to construct additional 7000km of transmission lines in the next five years.
In order to meet the planned growth and improve access to electricity in Kenya, the Board of Directors of KETRACO now wish to identify and recruit a capable officer to fill the following Management position:
General Manager, Finance & Strategy
Ref: KETRACO/5/1C/40/87/Vol I – B
The General Manager is accountable to the Managing Director and will be responsible for prudent management of financial resources, Corporate Planning Services, identifying new business opportunities and management of ICT in the organization.
Specific duties and responsibilities will entail:-
- Ensuring compliance of financial transactions to approved policies, procedures and control systems;
- Providing strategic leadership and management of Corporate Strategy;
- Engaging and influencing Stakeholders and partners in securing funding for various businesses at KETRACO;
- Providing guidance and coordinating the development, review and implementation of ICT policies, strategies, guidelines, procedures and standards;
- Coordinating the development, implementation and review of the corporate business plan, objectives, policies, budgets and performance;
- Advising and guiding other divisions/departments on corporate strategy matters, economic analysis, performance monitoring, evaluation and research;
- Developing, deploying and maintaining appropriate ICT infrastructure and connectivity solutions for secure, efficient and effective flow of information to facilitate operations and decision making;
- Coordinating debt collection, credit control and maintenance of debtors ledgers as per approved policies and procedure;
- Ensuring preparation of variance analysis and other cost control reports;
- Responding to both internal and external queries;
- Overseeing staff performance management, development and capacity building; and
- Diversification of the Company’s revenue streams.
- The right candidate will have twelve (12) years of progressively responsible working experience with at least (6) years in a senior management/leadership position leading and managing financial responsibilities, corporate strategy, business development and ICT infrastructure;
- He/she must be a CPA (K) in good standing and have a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related discipline from a recognized institution of higher learning. Practical working knowledge and competence with a financial information system/ERP such as SAP is mandatory. A Masters level qualification is desirable;
- Certificate in Corporate Governance or Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than three (3) weeks from a recognized institution.
Terms of Service and Remuneration
The appointment for this position will be for a contractual period of four (4) years renewable subject to satisfactory performance and delivery of set performance targets and outcomes.
The successful candidate for the positions will be offered competitive remuneration package in accordance with the Company guidelines.
Candidates interested in the above positions are expected to fulfil the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya.
Specifically, they must obtain and submit with their application copies of clearance certificates from the following organizations: –
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Higher Education Loans Board;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct);
- A report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their applications so as to reach the address shown below (clearly stating the reference in the letter and on the envelope) by close of business on 5th August, 2016 at 5.00pm.
Applications to include CVs with details of day time contacts, current and expected salary, notice period required to take up appointment, names and contacts of three referees.
Applicants must also attach copies of all Certificates/Testimonials, and copy of National ID/Passport.
The Managing Director, Kenya Electricity Transmission Company Limited, KAWI Complex, 4th Floor, Popo Lane, South C, off Red Cross Road, P.O. Box 34942 – 00100, Nairobi.
Or emailed to: [email protected]
KETRACO is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and gender equality.
Applications without the relevant qualifications, copies of documents/details as sought for will not be considered.
Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.