The Kenya Electricity Transmission Company Limited (KETRACO) is a 100% state-owned corporation incorporated on 2nd December, 2008 under the Company’s Act, Cap 486 as a State Corporation pursuant to the Sessional Paper No. 4 of 2004 on Energy.
The Mandate of the Company is to plan, design, construct, operate and maintain high voltage electricity transmission infrastructure, the National Electricity Transmission Grid and Regional Interconnectors.
KETRACO’s Vision is to be a world-class electricity transmission company and the leading inter-connector in Africa.
The Mission of the Company is to build and operate a national electricity transmission network that is reliable, efficient, effective, safe and environment-friendly through innovative and best practices; and to promote regional power trade for socio-economic development.
To achieve the above mandate, KETRACO has so far completed and commissioned 1,115.5km of transmission lines with 5000km committed and on-going projects.
The Company has an asset base of over Kshs. 77 Billion. In addition, and to increase access to electricity, KETRACO plans to construct additional 7000km of transmission lines in the next five years.
In order to meet the planned growth and improve access to electricity in Kenya, the Board of Directors of KETRACO now wish to identify and recruit a capable officer to fill the following Management position:
Senior Manager, Human Resource and Administration
Ref: KETRACO/5/1C/40/88/Vol I – B
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Senior HR&ADM Manager is responsible and accountable for planning, directing and executing all human resources strategies, policies and activities, including: talent acquisition and retention, remuneration, employee engagement and labour relations, learning and development, performance management, change management and security services.
Specific duties and responsibilities will entail:-
- overseeing the formulation and interpretation of human resource management policies, rules and regulations including those relating to pensions, salary administration, labour laws and other statutes that impact on the human resource;
- Identify, attract, deploy and retain qualified and skilled personnel;
- Maintain a robust remuneration strategy and appropriate terms and conditions of employment;
- Ensure efficient and effective administration of services including maintenance of KETRACO property, offices, substations and provision of transport services and security services;
- Ensure continuous development and maintenance of effective performance management systems;
- Coordinating training needs assessments for KETRACO staff;
- Guiding on all matters related to appointments and placement, discipline, promotions and confirmation of staff; and
- Coordinating human resource annual budget and work plans.
- The right candidate will have a minimum of ten (10) years relevant experience in the Public or Private Sector, six (6) years gained in a senior managerial level and a proven track record in development and management of the human resource function in a high performing results –oriented, growth organization;
- He/she must have Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource or related field with a Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management from an accredited institution of learning;
- He/she must be registered with and have a current practicing certificate from the institute of Human Resource Management, Kenya. Practical working knowledge and competence with human resource information system/ERP such as SAP is mandatory. A Master’s level qualification is desirable.
Terms of Service and Remuneration
The appointment for this position will be for a contractual period of four (4) years renewable subject to satisfactory performance and delivery of set performance targets and outcomes.
The successful candidate for the positions will be offered competitive remuneration package in accordance with the Company guidelines.
Candidates interested in the above positions are expected to fulfil the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya.
Specifically, they must obtain and submit with their application copies of clearance certificates from the following organizations: –
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Higher Education Loans Board;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct);
- A report from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
How to Apply
- Candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their applications so as to reach the address shown below (clearly stating the reference in the letter and on the envelope) by close of business on 5th August, 2016 at 5.00pm.
- Applications to include CVs with details of day time contacts, current and expected salary, notice period required to take up appointment, names and contacts of three referees.
- Applicants must also attach copies of all Certificates/Testimonials, and copy of National ID/Passport.
- The Managing Director, Kenya Electricity Transmission Company Limited, KAWI Complex, 4th Floor, Popo Lane, South C, off Red Cross Road, P.O. Box 34942 – 00100, Nairobi.
- Or emailed to: [email protected]
- KETRACO is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and gender equality.
- Applications without the relevant qualifications, copies of documents/details as sought for will not be considered.
- Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.