Public Relations Assistant Job at Kenya Farmers Association
Kenya Farmers Association (KFA) is a farmers’ welfare and rights organization formed for the sole purpose of advancing farmers’ interests and providing a body to lobby and create awareness about the challenges facing farmers in Kenya with a focus on solutions to such challenges.
The association was established in 1923 by white settler farmers but with time became solely an association composed of indigenous Kenyan farmers.
The Association wishes to recruit highly competent, passionate, dedicated and self-driven individuals to fill the following positions:
Roles for the Public Relations Assistant Job
- The position holder will be charged with the responsibility of fostering and maintaining cordial relationships with current agents, partners and distributors,
- establishing new relationships and linkages with other organizations, individuals,
- communities and government agencies, participating in development,
- review and enhancement of content for print, electronic,
- social media platforms and website for communication to members of the public, volunteers and other stakeholders,
- developing and executing a fundraising action plan/strategy for KFA’s project financing,
- identifying and pursuing potential partnership opportunities with other agricultural-focused agencies and organizations,
- preparing project update manuals for both external and internal use by members and other stakeholders,
- developing and implementing organizational PR strategies including generating news releases to communicating to media as well as handling publicity activities for KFA,
- tracking, monitor and evaluating effectiveness of various PR strategies, Public and media impressions deployed.
Public Relations Assistant Job Qualifications
- Must hold at least a Bachelors Degree in related fields such as Communications, journalism, marketing etc
- Have excellent communication skills both orally and in writing.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with diverse individuals or group of individuals.
- Possess great digital presentation skills with the ability to prepare and make presentations during meetings.
- Posses the ability to come up with creative ideas for communication and promotional materials and writing grant proposals.
- Have excellent Computer skills including use of Graphic communication.
- Posses great Media Relations skills with ability to know how to interact with other media outlets.
- Ability to write press releases and involve the media in KFA events and activities.
- Ability to organize and plan events for KFA including trainings, trade fairs, customer experience days and other events.
- Ability to maintain an established work schedule, with or without flexibility.
- Strong organizational and management skills- ability to multi-task and prioritize activities based on urgency.
How to Apply
Full details of the above vacancies are available on our website via http://www.kfa.co.ke/general/careers.html
Interested and qualified candidates should Download and print the KFA HR Application Form (Click Here to Download the KFA HR Application Form), Fill it out, scan and attach it along with your current Curriculum Vitae (CV) and Academic Certificates and send the email with the SUBJECT LINE being the JOB TITLE and JOB REF. NO. to [email protected].
Please note that any application submitted without the KFA HR. Application Form attached shall be automatically disqualified.
All applications MUST reach us not later than Monday, 12th June 2017 at 4.30 pm. Applications submitted after this deadline shall be automatically rejected.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Canvassing will lead to disqualification.