Kenya Forest Service (KFS) is a State Corporation established by the Forests Act 2005.
Its mandate is to conserve, develop and sustainably manage forests and allied resources for environmental stability and social-economic development of the people of Kenya.
The following position has fallen vacant and the Institution intends to fill it in line with the provisions of the Forests Act.
Head Supply Chain Management
Vacancy No. 3/8/15
The Head Supply Chain Management shall be reporting to the Head of Finance and shall oversee all aspects of supply chain management as per the Public Procurement and Disposal Act (PPDA) and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement systems, policies and procedures for timely and cost effective procurement of goods and services within the framework of PPDA.
- Provide secretariat support to the Corporation Tender Committee.
- Review the procurement policies and procedures in accordance with best practice for continuous improvement of procurement and disposal function of the organization.
- Develop capacity for supply chain management staff for effective implementation of the PPDA law.
- Monitor contract management by user departments to ensure implementation as per the contract terms.
- Oversee inventory management.
- Ensure that goods and services are procured in a fair, equitable, transparent, competitive and cost effective manner.
- Prepare and submit reports to the Public Procurement Oversight Authority (PPOA) as required under the Act, regulations and guidelines of the authority.
Academic qualifications and experience
- Have an undergraduate degree or higher national diploma in Supply Chain Management from a recognized institution
- Have at least eight (8) years experience, five (5) of which must have been in a senior position within a large private or public organization.
- A Masters degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Be a member of the Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM) or equivalent professional body in good standing.
- Key Skills
- Thorough understanding of public procurement procedures.
How to Apply
Interested Candidates who have the requirements are asked to apply so as to reach the Service not later than 9th September, 2015 by 5.00 pm.
All applications including a current curriculum vitae, indicating current and expected remuneration, mobile number, the names and all contact details of three referees, certified copy of national identity card, certified copies of clearance certificates/letters, certified copies of testimonials, certified copies of professional and academic certificates should be sent to ;
The Director, Kenya Forest Service, Karura, Off Kiambu Road, P. O .Box30513-00100, Nairobi, Kenya.