Kiambu County Job Vacancy : Chief Officers (10 Post)
The Chief Officer shall be the authorized officer in a specific department and shall be responsible to the respective County Executive Committee Member.
The ten (10) posts will be as follows:
(Applicants should specify the portfolio for which they are applying for).
- Roads, Transport and Public Works
- Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries
- Finance and Economic Planning
- Health Services
- Education, Gender, Culture and Social Services
- Youth, Sports, ICT and Communication
- Energy, Water, Environment and Natural Resources
- Lands, Housing, Physical Planning and Urban Development
- Administration and Public Service
- Trade, Tourism, Co-operatives and Enterprise Development
Duties and Responsibilities
- The administration of a county department;
- Formulation and implementation of effective programs to attain vision 2030 and sector goals;
- Development and implementation of strategic plans and sector development plans;
- Implementation of policies and regulations;
- Providing strategic policy direction for effective service delivery;
- Ensuring compliance with the national values and principles of good governance as outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya;
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned from time to time;
Requirements for Appointment
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Have a Bachelor’s degree from a University recognized in Kenya;
- Possession of Master’s degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage;
- Must be a member of a professional body relevant to the position applied for and in good standing;
- Have vast knowledge and experience of not less than ten (10) years in the relevant field, five of which should be in a managerial position;
- Be conversant with the Constitution of Kenya and all the devolution laws;
- Demonstrate through understanding of county development objectives and vision 2030;
- Be a strategic thinker and result oriented;
- Have excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Have capacity to work under pressure to meet timelines;
- Have ability to work in a multi—ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity;
- Satisfies the requirement of Chapter Six of the Constitution;
- Demonstrate understanding and commitment to the values and principles as outlined in Article 10 and 232 of the Constitution of Kenya;
- Be computer literate.
Terms of Service: Contract
Salary: As prescribed by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission (SRC)
How to Apply
Applicants should submit their applications together with copies of their detailed Curriculum Vitae, Academic and Professional certificates, Testimonials, National Identity Card or Passport and any other supporting documents. The applicants should indicate the position applied for on top of the envelope and address it to: The Secretary County Public Service Board P.O. Box 2362-00900 Kiambu Hand delivered applications should be dropped in the specific box provided for on the first floor Thika Sub-County offices (at the County Public Service Board offices – Room 103) between 8.00 a.m and 5.00 p.m on weekdays. Applicants should seek clearance from and attach copies or evidence thereof of the CURRENT (valid in 2017) documents below.
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission
- Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Applications should be received on or before the 15th September, 2017 Note:
- Any form of canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
- Women, minorities and persons living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original identity cards, academic and professional certificates, testimonials, clearance and other relevant documents in support of their applications.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- All successful candidates will undergo vetting and approval by the county assembly prior to their appointment.