Dietitian & Nutritionist III Jobs at Kiambu County
Job Group “H”
Provide nutritional care to patients in various disease states and conditions; monitor, assess, and optimize nutrition status based on a patient’s current medical condition and/or nutrition adequacy; make recommendations for tube and intravenous feedings and/or dietary supplements.
Dietitian & Nutritionist Job Responsibilities
- Screen and assess patients on admission for risk of under-nutrition as per protocol
- Ensure patients receive appropriate menus according to their oral and fluid status
- Continually update Nursing Staff on patients’ oral and fluid status
- Provided assistance to patients in menu selection in accordance with their oral diet and fluid status, whilst incorporating prescribed nutritional supplements and patient food preference
- Oversee food preparation
- Maintain adequate menu items, standard portion sizes and menu specifications for all standard and therapeutic menus
- Make appropriate product substitutions in agreement with therapeutic diet specifications.
- Order extra food items as per agreed protocols in an efficient manner
- Provide food supplements in accordance with patient treatment plan
- Report any shortfalls/ problems with food products
Qualifications for the Dietitian & Nutritionist Job
- Diploma in Community or Nutrition Health
- Knowledge of dietetics, foods and nutrition, food service systems management, or a related area
- Interpersonal skills necessary to interview, teach and counsel patients
- Registered by the Kenya Nutritionists and Dietitians Institute
- At least two years’ experience as a Nutritionist
- PC and PC applications and other general office equipment
- Patient assessment tools Authority/decision-making
- Participates in the development of procedures for the department.
- Makes decisions regarding work processes based on established guidelines.
- Prioritizes and organizes work to meet changing conditions.
Visit http://www.kiambu.go.ke/downloads/county-vacancies for a detailed job description
How to Apply
All applicants should submit their applications together with copies of their detailed curriculum vitae with names, address and telephone contacts of three referees.
Academic and professional certificates, testimonials, national identity card or passport and any other supporting documents. Clearly indicate the position applied for both on the cover letter and the envelope. Applications should be addressed to:
County Public Service Board
P O Box 2362 -00900