Responsibilities for the Internal Auditor Job
- Perform audit assignments including proper planning and developing audit programs;
- Carry out routine continuous audits, compile quality and timely detailed relevant and objective reports;
- Review the adequacy of internal controls;
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of records and reports;
- Verify the existence and safety of government assets;
- Review budgetary controls on the issuance of authority to incur expenditure and commitments.
Internal Auditor Job Qualifications
- Be in possession of a Bachelor of Commerce Degree (Accounting/Finance Option) plus CPA part II or CIA Part III or must have passed CPA part III or CIA part IV or equivalent;
- Must have excellent computer skills;
- High level of integrity and professionalism;
- Ability to work independently;
- Excellent leadership and management skills;
- Two (2) years experience.
How to Apply
All applicants should submit their applications together with copies of their detailed curriculum vitae with names, address and telephone contacts of three referees. Academic and professional certificates, testimonials, national identity card or passport and any other supporting documents. Clearly indicate the position applied for both on the cover letter and the envelope. Applications should be addressed to: The Secretary County Public Service Board P O Box 2362 – 00900 KIAMBU Hand delivered applications should be dropped in the specific box provided on the first floor Thika Sub-County offices (at the County Public Service Board offices – Room 103) between 8.00 a.m and 5.00 p.m on weekdays. Applicants should seek clearance from and attach copies or evidence thereof of the CURRENT (valid in 2016) documents below.
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission
- Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Applications should reach the County Public Service Board (CPSB) on or before the 22nd December, 2016. Shortlisted candidates will be required during the interview to produce their original identity cards, academic and professional certificates, testimonials, clearance and other relevant documents in support of their applications.