Busara Center for Behavioral Economics
Kickstart RCT Project
Job Title: Field Officer
Start Date: 14th September 2015
Location: Tharaka Nithi
Eligibility: Position open to local Kenyan hires only
Busara Center for Behavioral Economics is a research organization that seeks to improve the understanding of how people living in poverty make decisions and to leverage that knowledge to produce better social outcomes.
It enables researchers to conduct rigorous laboratory-based studies in behavioral economics in a developing country and applying the outcomes of research to real-world problems.
About the project: Busara is working with KickStart international and ChildFund to conduct a randomized control study in Tharaka-Nithi County .
This study aims to test whether providing smallholder farmers in Kenya with manual irrigation pumps improves their livelihoods with regards to income, time use, consumption, wealth, as well as female empowerment.
The study will run for a period of 4 weeks.
General Field Officer Duties
- Prompt arrival at work.
- Administer household surveys
- Completion of scheduled activities each day in a timely manner.
- Successfully working in a team.
- Organizing data collected from the field.
- On non-field days: conscientious performance of office work (such as matching IDs, translation of work, photocopying, etc.)
- Assist in daily survey organization and storage
- Ensure data integrity is maintained at all times and minimize errors in data collection
- Maintaining high standard of professional integrity in all activities.
- Providing the Project Lead with daily feedback regarding surveying activities.
- Should be a Diploma or Degree holder in social sciences
- A Kenyan citizen residing in Tharaka- Nithi county
- Should be very fluent in the local language
- Should be computer literate
- Should have experience in data collection in the field
- Should have good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Bachelors’ degree or college diploma in social sciences, Past experience in data collection- show proof of this in application
- Experience using computer assisted interviewing or ODK is a plus
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your CV and cover letter to [email protected] and ensure that the subject line reads: “Field Officer”: REF NO: BU-2015-08-31”.
Deadline to Apply: 4th September 2015
Only online applications shall be considered. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.