Kilifi Plantations Limited
Overview: Kilifi plantations Ltd is one of the leading agricultural farms in Kenya located within Kilifi County. Kilifi Plantations was established in 1920 as a sisal plantation. It was privately bought in 1963 and today remains an ongoing agricultural business.
Currently Kilifi Plantations consist of a leading national dairy herd milking 400 animals daily producing 3,000 litres a day.The farm also produces 350 tonnes annually of sisal fibre of export quality.
Kilifi Plantations is looking for an Accountant to join a vibrant Finance team to facilitate effective working capital management and preparation of financial statements.
- Manage the KP accounting system, run and verify all monthly reports.
- Liaise with the internal audit team to improve the quality of work, strengthening internal controls and give constructive feedback to each department on areas for improvement;
- Assist the Head of Finance in providing overall management of the program’s financial accounts and systems and in planning of yearly internal and external audits and other audits as they occur;
- Administer, communicate and enforce that all financial requirements, policies, procedures, systems manuals and guidelines are met and followed at all times by all supervised staff;
- Ensure timely payments are done to staff, vendors and suppliers and that all payment entries are accurately posted on the KP accounting system;
- Certify daily records of disbursements, deposits and oversee the voucher-based accounting systems, ensuring all transactions follow KP’s requirements and contain proper documentation, and authorization by appropriate signatory, and policies and procedures are followed;
- Ensure that charges and expenses incurred by KP departments are allocated to proper accounts and projects;
- Oversee bank balances, cash management KP across banks and accounts (including petty cash) and donors;
- Oversee the preparation and maintenance of monthly bank account records, reconciliations, and accounting documentation and review monthly reconciliations accounting reports with respect to cash flow in every month as required;
- Prepare daily cash flow projections and establish daily and weekly cash positions;
- Ensure timely invoicing and reconciliation of debtors accounts and accurate maintenance of supplies’ records and preparation of payments; and
- Ensure timely submission of statutory returns.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or a related field from a recognized university
- Professional Qualifications
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Finalist or its equivalent.
- 3-5 years’ relevant experience.
Skills and Competencies
- Conversant with accounting systems and applications.
- Well-developed analytical skills and a strategic outlook.
- Good interpersonal, writing and communication skills
- Strong supervisory skills
Salary: KES 50,000; housing will also be provided
How to Apply
To apply for this position, send a one-page cover letter explaining why you are a good fit for this role and your CV of no more than three pages to [email protected] and copy [email protected] with the subject “Accountant Application”.
Please avoid sending additional materials or attachments such as certificates and copies of your degree until requested to do so.
Closing Date: 30 Sep 2015