COOK III-KIMC GRADE2 –1 POST –REF NO. KIMC/C1/1/2017
Kenya Institute of Mass Communication (KIMC) is the oldest Middle Level media training Institution in Kenya established in 1961.It is currently a State Corporation established through Legal Notice No.197 of 2011(amended). The Institute offers training at Post Graduate, Diploma and Certificate levels in Communication and Cinematic Arts.
Responsibilities for the Cook Job
- The responsibilities of the Cook IIIshall include and not limited to:-
- Cutting and washing raw foods, using appropriate tools and equivalent;
- Doing the actual cooking of food; and
- Alerting a more senior cook to problems or defects concerning equipment, food suppliers and other unused conditions.
Requirements for the Cook Job
For appointment to this position, a candidate must have:
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade D (plain) or its approved
- Craft certificate in Food and Beverage Production, Sales and Service or its equivalent
qualification from a recognized Institution;
- Attended an induction course lasting not less than two (2) months in Food and Beverage Sales
and Service organized by the Kenya Utalii Collage or other recognized Institution. In addition,
candidates must adhere to the provisions of Chapter VI on Leadership and integrity, as enshrined
in the Constitution of Kenya 2010.Interested candidates must submit Certificates of Compliance
from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA), Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission (EACC),
Higher Education Loans Board (HELB), and Credit Reference Bureau (CRB); and provide
Certificate of Good Conduct from the Criminal Investigations Department (CID).
Terms of Service
The successful candidate will be on Permanent and Pensionable terms of service. The Salary for
this position will range from Kshs.12,370/= to 16,500/=
How To Apply
Candidates who meet the requirements are invited to send their applications quoting the job
reference number accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae; copies of Academic and
Professional Certificates, National Identity Card, Transcripts and Testimonials; Daytime
Contacts; Full Names and Contacts of three (3) referees to:
Kenya Institute of Mass Communication
Uholo Road, (South B), Nairobi
Off Mombasa Road
P.O. Box 42422 – 00100
So as to reach him not later than 3 rd February 2017.
The Kenya Institute of Mass Communication (KIMC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to implementing affirmative action.In this regard, women, persons with disability an inority with the requisite qualifications are encouraged to apply.Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualifications