Kimisitu Sacco Society Limited is a national Savings & Credit Society with an asset base of Kshs 3.6 billion and a membership of over 6,500 drawing its members from Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), Embassies, International Missions and other Reputable Organizations in Kenya.
Our mission is to empower members economically by providing quality financial services through prudent mobilization of resources and excellent customer care.
As a result of growth, we are seeking a suitable candidate to fill the following vacant position:
Senior Marketing Officer
Department: Marketing and Customer Care
Reporting Structure: Reports to the Chief Executive Officer
Position Summary: To undertake marketing activities towards growing Society membership, develop competitive products for members and carry out product awareness campaigns, all geared to growing Society’s profitability and capital.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To monitor implementation of the Society’s strategic plan as relates to his department
- Identify market niches and craft appropriate strategies for reaching existing and potential members in the Society
- Identify target and potential markets and design ways to consistently communicate the brand and products in all marketing activities
- Conduct Marketing activities based on knowledge of the customers segments and target market, so as to deliver products and services that satisfy the market segments
- Develop and implement appropriate communication and public relations strategies
- Oversee the design, execution, and communication of primary marketing research studies to evaluate specific performance, SACCO positioning, competitive positioning and customer profiling as well as managing the analysis and interpretation of secondary research data to provide direction for strategic plans
- To keep alert to competitive forces and marketing practices and to keep the management advised on ways to counter them
- To ensure that customer service is administered in accordance with SACCO policy, in a mutually beneficial manner, to ensure lasting goodwill between the SACCO and all relevant stakeholders
- To design and develop product and services that will satisfy various market segments based on market research findings.
- Manage publications including but not limited to writing speeches, annual accounts, periodic newsletters, brochures, etc.
- Provide team leadership within the department through professional staff performance management.
- Motivate, manage, and set targets, monitor performance of the sales team and other staff in the department.
- The Senior Marketing Officer will provide guidance and advise to his team on how to conduct effective marketing processes to contribute to improving public awareness of the Sacco.
Necessary Qualifications and Skills:
- A university degree in marketing, or in business administration (marketing) or its equivalent
- Professional training in marketing and public relations.
- Membership with a professional body MSK/CIM will be an added advantage.
Skills and Desired Qualities:
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
- Innovative and ability to work independently.
- Strong communication and report writing skills.
- Self-driven, self-starter, team player and results-oriented.
- Sound ICT Skills.
- Leadership skills
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Experience in the financial services sector is an added advantage
How to Apply
- Apply online by filling in the data form HERE
- The data form must be filled in full.
- Incomplete forms will be disqualified.
- In addition, send an application letter with a detailed CV to [email protected] by 6th April 2016.
- Clearly state the subject of the email as Senior Marketing Officer.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Kimisitu Sacco is an equal opportunity employer.