Are you looking for an employer who promotes individual excellence and mutual respect in a team driven culture with a key focus on social empowerment?
Kingdom Securities Ltd, a subsidiary of the Co-operative Bank of Kenya, is the place for those looking to new horizons.
We are looking for a dynamic, creative and self-driven professional with strong analytical skills, intellectual curiosity and a genuine interest in financial markets.
The role holder will be responsible for initiating and conducting research on companies, monitoring performance of stocks and offering recommendations to investors on whether to buy or sell particular financial instruments.
- Specifically, the successful jobholder will be expected to:
- Maintain a library of financial reports of all listed companies
- Maintain a database of financial market trading statistics
- Maintain information of key local and global economies and markets.
- Maintain a library of key GOK publications.
- Have an in depth analysis of economic and industry dynamics
- Participate in company research visits and attend investor briefings
- Undertake fundamental analysis of all listed companies and provide investment recommendations to clients
- Undertake unquoted equity reviews and other investment reviews on clients request
- Prepare investment recommendations on financial instruments
- Engage other market players in primary data generation
- Prepare regular analyst reports and ensure timely circulation of research findings and reports to the relevant units
- Maintain Research Department filing system
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes
- The successful jobholder will be required to possess the following skills and competencies:-
- A Bachelor’s degree in a business, economics, finance or related field.
- A candidate in the CFA program, or other relevant professional course
- At least 1 years’ experience in an investment firm or financial institution
- Advanced Word, PowerPoint and Excel knowledge Sound understanding of database architecture
- Advanced accounting and financial modelling
- Strong communication skills with ability to exercise objective and independent thought
- Innovative problem solver, analytical with critical thinking ability
- Self-supervising – personally accountable for the quality and accuracy of work
How to Apply
Interested candidates meeting the above criteria should forward an application enclosing a detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of certificates and indicating the current remuneration to email@example.com by 24th September 2015 We are an equal opportunity employer.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Please quote this reference on your application: RA/01/HRD/2015