Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM) is the national body for professionals in the practice of procurement and supply chain management (PSCM) in Kenya.
The Institute is established under the Supplies Practitioners Management Act. 2012 (Revised) whose core mandate is the development of professionalism through delivery of advisory services, continuous learning programs, professional examinations and certification, registration and licensing, and the regulation of professional conduct and ethics.
KISM invites suitably qualified individuals to apply for the following position.
Job Purpose: To support the finance and accounting function of the Institute
- Prepares and manages receivables and periodically updates on status of the aged receivables
- Receipts all payments from clients and ensures deposits to the bank
- Prepares and files statutory returns and maintains an up-to-date statutory files
- Maintains the filing of financial documentation and an up-to-date financial records
- Reconciles and verifies petty cash to ensure float reconciles to the ledger
- Prepares payment vouchers for payables approved from the source documents
- Maintains an up-to-date asset register of inventory
- Assists in management of student records and general ledger
- Assists in handling Insurance matters
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
- Bachelors degree in Commerce or business related field is required
- Professional certification, minimum CPA – II;
- Minimum 2 years experience in a similar position;
- Have strong personal values and character, maintains confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) with all levels of internal and external customers in a professional manner;
- Analytical, good planner, highly organized
- Self driven and result oriented
- Dedicated and excellent team player
- Proficiency in use of word, data and ERP
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements may e-mail soft copy applications, with cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae to [email protected] or post hard copies so as to reach us on or before 13th September 2016 addressed to,
The Chairman Kenya Institute of Supplies Management P.O Box 30400 – 00100 Nairobi
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview