Position: Kiswahili Teacher
Reports to: MSG ECD Coordinator
Hours: Mon-Fri, 7:30am to 4:30am
Key and Responsibilities
- Should be able to teach Kiswahili well to all students
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and provides individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student.
- Uses a variety of instruction strategies, such as inquiry, group discussion, lecture, discovery, etc.
- Translates lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best utilize the available time for instruction.
- Establishes and maintains standards of student behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Evaluates students’ academic and social growth, keeps appropriate records, and prepares progress reports.
- Communicates with parents through conferences and other means to discuss students’ progress and interpret the school program.
- Identifies student needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve health, attitude, and learning problems.
- Creates an effective environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards, and interest centers.
- Maintains professional competence through in-service education activities provided by professional growth activities.
- Selects and requisitions books and instructional aids; maintains required inventory records.
- Supervises students in out-of-classroom activities during the school day.
- Administers group standardized tests in accordance with school and national testing program.
- Participates in curriculum development programs as required.
- Participates in faculty committees and the sponsorship of student activities.
The candidate should have;
- Must have P1 training certificate from a recognized institution, Diploma or B.e.d will be an added advantage. Priority will be given to those who have concentration in Kiswahili
- At least 2 years’ experience teaching upper primary, particularly Class 7&8
- Should be willing to give in extra hours at no extra pay
- Good communication skills
- Male teachers are particularly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates can apply to email@example.com by C.O.B 2nd October 2015.