Qualifications for the Librarian Assistant Job
For appointment to this grade a candidate must be in possession of;
- KCSE with a minimum grade of C- (Minus)
- Minimum KNEC Certificate in Library and Information Sciences.
- Experience in use of IT in Library operations in an academic library is mandatory.
- Have one (1) year experience preferably in an educational institution.
- Be below 35 years
Responsibilities for the Librarian Assistant Job
- Lend and collect books, periodicals, videotapes, and other materials at circulation desk
- Sort books, publications, and other items according to established procedure and return them to shelves, files , or other designated storage areas.
- Inspect returned books for condition and due-date status, and compute any applicable fines.
- Provide assistance to librarians in the maintenance of collections of books, periodicals, magazines, newspaper, and audiovisual and other materials.
- Catalogue all new information materials to ensure that they are well placed in the shelves for ease accessibility by the users
- Classify books and material on the shelf and reference for easy retrieval by library users
- Track all the enquiries received in the institution by post, email, personal visit and by telephone in consultation with the Librarian
- Responsible to open and close the library as per operational guidelines at the institution
How to Apply
Applicants to the above posts should apply in own handwriting attaching copies of academic professional certificates, testimonials, CV, copy of National ID, Certificate of Good Conduct and day time telephone contact to reach the Principal on or before 14th July 2017 only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kitale National Polytechnic is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender and/or disability.
The Principal Kitale National Polytechnic P.O Box 2162-30200 Kitale