Salary Scale: Ksh.77,527 x 3,877 – 81,404 x 4,070 – 85,474 x 4,274 –89,748 x 4,487 – 94,235 x 4,712 – 98,947 x 4,947 – 103,894 p.m.
Terms of service: Permanent
Responsibilities for the Dental Specialist Job
- Performing specific dental procedures including restorative,prosthodontics, peadodonticts, orthodontics, minor oral-facial surgeries, and periodontology;
- Being on call to review and manage dental health patients;
- Undertaking medico-legal duties which include filling of P.3 forms;
- Undertaking dental examinations, age assessment, and writing dental reports;
- Conducting outreach community oral health services;
- Educating and creating awareness on prevention of dental diseases and dental health;
- Supervising, training and coaching dental interns and students;
- Ensuring that dental health reports are submitted promptly;
- Coordinating capacity building and deployment of dental personnel;
- Any other duty as may be assigned by a competent authority.
Requirements for the Dental Specialist Job
- Be a Kenyan Citizen;
- Served as a senior dental officer for a minimum period of three (3)
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery(DS) degree or any other equivalent qualification from an institution recognized by Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board;
- Masters of Dental Surgery degree in any of the following disciplines:-
- Paediatric Dentistry, Periodontology, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery,Prosthodontics, Dental Biomaterials, Oral Medicine and Oral Pathology, Dental Anaesthesia, Forensic Odontology, Restorative Dentistry, Endodontics, Oral Implantology, Orthodontics, Aesthetic Dentistry, Oral and Maxillofacial /Dental Radiology and Community Dentistry or any other equivalent qualification from an institution recognized by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board
- Registration by the Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board;
- Valid practicing license from Medical Practitioners and Dentists Board;
- Training in Strategic Leadership Development Programme, lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Demonstrated the ability and competence in organizing, performing and discharging dental function.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope with the position applied for clearly marked on the left side and addressed to:
The Secretary, County Public Service Board, P.O. Box 33-90200, KITUI
Applications should be received at the Kitui County Public Service Board on or before close of business on Friday 9th June 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates MUST meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on Leadership and Integrity and will be required to produce clearance/compliance certificates from relevant agencies.
The County Government of Kitui is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge commission for its recruitment process.