Salary Scale: Salary Scale: Ksh.109, 089 x 5,454 – 114,543 x 5,727 – 120,270 x 5,902 – 126,270 x 6,077– 132,249 x 6,252 – 138,501 x 6,427 – 144,928 p.m.
Terms of service: Permanent
Responsibilities for the HR Director Job
The holder will serve as Head of Human Resource Department. Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Implementation of human resource management policies, rules and regulations and ensuring that they are adhered to;
- Analyzing the impact of the human resource policies, rules and regulations;
- Advising on the delegated powers and ensuring proper implementation and advising on the professional human resource management standards and ensuring that the standards are maintained;
- Advising on succession management/human resource planning and utilization of human resources;
- Advising on career development and initiating development and review of schemes of service; and
- Interpretation of labour laws and other statutes that impact on the
human resource in the county.
Requirements for the HR Director Job
- Be a Kenyan citizen;
- Be a member of the Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM)
- Professional body with good standing;
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, socialsciences, or other equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management; Industrial Relations or Public/Business Administration;
Have relevant knowledge, experience and a distinguished career of not less than Ten (10) years
- A Master’s Degree in HR/HRM, IR, Public/Business Administration, Government or any other relevant qualification from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
Proficiency in relevant Computer applications;
- Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results; and
- Demonstrated a high degree of professional competence, administrative capabilities and initiative in the general organization and management of the human resource and through understanding of the human
resource issues and emerging human resource management practices/ techniques.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope with the position applied for clearly marked on the left side and addressed to:
The Secretary, County Public Service Board, P.O. Box 33-90200, KITUI
Applications should be received at the Kitui County Public Service Board on or before close of business on Friday 9th June 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates MUST meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on Leadership and Integrity and will be required to produce clearance/compliance certificates from relevant agencies.
The County Government of Kitui is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge commission for its recruitment process.