Salary Scale: Ksh.31,020 x 1,560 – 32,580 x 1,620 – 34,200 x 1,710 – 35,910 x 1,800 – 37,710 x 1,890 – 39,600 x 1,990 – 41,590 p.m.
Responsibilities for the Nursing Officer Job
- Reporting to the Senior Nursing Officer, the officer will be responsible for:
- Providing holistic care by carrying out risk identification and assessment of an individual throughout the lifespan;
- Performing comprehensive physical examination within various settings;
- Assessing, formulating, planning and implementing evidence based nursing care for client/patient;
- Creating and maintaining a safe nursing care environment for clients/ patients;
- Carrying out patient audits to improve client/patient care;
- Collaborating and maintaining effective working relationships among interdisciplinary teams to support client/patient and their families;
- Carrying out therapeutic communication with the patient/client;
- Conducting community health risk assessment and providing outcome based interventions;
- Documenting interventions and nursing outcomes;
- Participating in quality improvement and quality assurance procedures; and
- Diagnosing common health conditions and recommending necessary interventions.
Requirements for the Nursing Officer Job
- Be a citizen of Kenya;
- Bachelor’s Degree in either Nursing or Midwifery from a recognized institution;
- Registration by the Nursing Council of Kenya;
- Valid practicing license from the Nursing Council of Kenya;
- Proficiency in computer applications.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope with the position applied for clearly marked on the left side and addressed to:
The Secretary, County Public Service Board, P.O. Box 33-90200, KITUI
Applications should be received at the Kitui County Public Service Board on or before close of business on Friday 9th June 2017.
Only shortlisted candidates will be conta