S/he will also assist the Senior M&E Manager to ensure that the KIWASH project team generates data and learns from project activities on an ongoing basis to identify the highest return opportunities; ensure effective knowledge management; inform the project’s adaptive management approach; and improve program accountability and effectiveness.
S/He will assist the Senior M&E Manager to undertake the following tasks:
- S/he will support the Senior M&E Manager to Develop and roll-out the KIWASH knowledge management strategy, including development and dissemination of materials;
- Assist in the development of the KIWASH Activity Monitoring and Evaluation Plan (AMEP) and M&E system;
- Ensure high data quality through regular quality control reviews;
- Establish strategies to streamline the M&E process and increase efficiency in gathering and using performance information; and help implement the same;
- Support technical teams to develop activity indicators and targets and gather quantitative and qualitative data related to those indicators and targets;
- Work with technical teams to develop appropriate M&E plans for each activity during implementation;
- Conduct participatory M&E of field activities to measure quantitative as well as qualitative impacts;
- Provide input into the design, implementation and dissemination of evaluations, special studies and assessments;
- Support the program units with data analysis, reporting and presentation for the quarterly and annual reports;
- Conduct M&E training to partner institutions such as subcontractor partners, government institutions, WSPs, etc.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Social Science or any relevant discipline;
- Prior Work Experience: Minimum of five years of progressively responsible professional experience in a performance monitoring and/or evaluation role with an international development organization especially in the design and/or management of USAID or donor-funded programs.
- Demonstrated experience participating in baseline assessments, specialized studies, and impact evaluations for complex development programs.
- Familiarity with developing M&E indicators and plans.
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to summarize information in a clear and concise manner;
- Excellent research and data collection methodology skills;
- Ability to create organizational work plans;
- Skills in supporting staff with a variety of levels of knowledge and capabilities;
- Training skills to build the capacity of partner institutions such as subcontractor partners, government institutions, WSPs, etc.
- Ability to work independently to efficiently meet deadlines;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with KIWASH staff, county government officials and the local communities;
- Excellent computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheet programs and data base management such as SPSS and Excel ;
Base of Operations: Nairobi, Kenya with frequent travel to the other KIWASH project sites as needed.
Reporting: The M&E Specialist will report to the M&E Manager.