Chief Internal Auditor Job at Kenya Marine and Fisheries Research Institute
(RI.12) – POSITIONS – ONE (1)
Kenya Marine and Fisheries Research Institute (KMFRI), a State Corporation under the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries was established by an Act of parliament (The Science and Technology Act Cap. 250 of the Laws of Kenya of 1979) which has since been repealed by The Science, Technology and Innovation Act No.28 of 2013.
The Institute mandate is to undertake research in marine and freshwater fisheries, aquaculture, environmental and ecological studies, in order to provide scientific data and information for sustainable exploitation, management and conservation of Kenya’s fisheries resources, and contribute to National strategies of food security, poverty alleviation, clean environment and creation of employment as provided for under vision 2030.
The Institute has Research Centers and Stations located at Mombasa, Kisumu, Nairobi, Naivasha, Baringo, Kegati, Sangoro, Sag-ana and Turkana.
KMFRI is seeking to recruit self-motivated professionals who are team players to fill the following vacant positions within its approved establishment:
The Job holder will be in charge of the overall operations and programmes of an audit unit in the Institute.
Duties for the Chief Internal Auditor Job
- Responsible to the KMFRI Board of Management through the Board Audit Committee and the Director;
- Developing and implementing effective risk management, internal control and corporate governance framework;
- Ensuring maintenance of high audit standards within the unit and adherence to plans, budgets and work schedules;
- Ensuring compliance with existing regulations, instructions and procedures in financial and other operations;
- Verifying and pre-auditing of annual Appropriation Accounts, statement of assets and liabilities, fund accounts and annual audited statements prepared by Management for submission to the Office of the Auditor General;
- Ensuring accountability and prudent management of resources and assets and ensuring compliance with principles and values of good governance transparency, accountability, ethics and integrity;
- The Job holder will also be required to liaise with the Director on matters raised in reference sheets from the Office of the Auditor General, carry out investigations and head special audit tasks; and prepare annual audit reports/returns;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Chief Internal Auditor Job Requirements
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) with a minimum grade of C+ or equivalent;
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance option or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
Certified Public Accountants (CPA) (K) or its equivalent;
- Master’s degree in Accounting or Finance option or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- A holder of Post Graduate Diploma in Internal Audit or CISA Certified Information System Auditor or CIA-Certified Internal Auditor will be an added advantage;
- A member of a relevant professional body;
- Satisfactorily served at the position of Principal Internal Auditor for minimum of three (3) years in a public institution.
- Have demonstrated administrative capabilities and high degree of competence in planning, conducting and supervision both financial and management audit as well as running a unit efficiently;
- Meet the requirement of Chapter Six of the Constitution;
How to Apply
Remuneration – Basic Salaries per cadre will be as follows:-
- Job Group RI.8 – Minimum KShs.31,020.00 Maximum KShs.41,590.00pm. plus other attractive benefits.
- Job Group RI.9 – Minimum KShs.35,910.00 Maximum KShs.45,880.00 pm. plus other attractive benefits.
- Job Group RI.10 – Minimum KShs.41,590.00 Maximum KShs.55,840.00 pm. plus other attractive benefits.
- Job Group RI.12 – Minimum KShs.77,527.00 Maximum KShs.103,894.00 pm. plus other attractive benefits.
These positions are permanent and pensionable. Applicants for Job Group RI. 12 must comply with Chapter 6 of the Constitution.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications with a detailed resume and copies of certificates and testimonials to the address shown below not later than 14th June 2017.
Kenya Marine and Fisheries Research Institute,
P.O. Box 81651 – 80100,
Phone: 020-8021560, 020-8021561
Email: [email protected]
KMFRI is an Equal opportunity Employer.
Note:Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.