Senior Accountant Job at Kenya Marine and Fisheries Research Institute
(RI.10) – POSITION – ONE (1)
Kenya Marine and Fisheries Research Institute (KMFRI), a State Corporation under the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries was established by an Act of parliament (The Science and Technology Act Cap. 250 of the Laws of Kenya of 1979) which has since been repealed by The Science, Technology and Innovation Act No.28 of 2013.
The Institute mandate is to undertake research in marine and freshwater fisheries, aquaculture, environmental and ecological studies, in order to provide scientific data and information for sustainable exploitation, management and conservation of Kenya’s fisheries resources, and contribute to National strategies of food security, poverty alleviation, clean environment and creation of employment as provided for under vision 2030.
The Institute has Research Centers and Stations located at Mombasa, Kisumu, Nairobi, Naivasha, Baringo, Kegati, Sangoro, Sag-ana and Turkana.
KMFRI is seeking to recruit self-motivated professionals who are team players to fill the following vacant positions within its approved establishment:
Duties for the Senior Accountant Job
- Collection of financial estimates data;
- Determination of aggregate expenditure;
- Supervision of the revenue collection processes;
- Preparation of the institute financial statements;
- Interpretation of all regulations of the Institute pertaining to financial control and management;
- Ensuring that proper accounting systems are in place
- Handling and responding to audit queries;
- Assisting in overhead planning and budgeting;
- Generation of financial returns and reports;
- Ensuring that revenue appropriation in aid and other receipts due to KMFRI are collected promptly, banked immediately and accounted for;
- General supervision of staff;
- Staff training and development;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Senior Accountant Job Requirements
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) with a minimum grade of C+ or equivalent;
- Bachelor of Commerce Accounting; Finance; Economics;
- Business Administration or its equivalent
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA III) or its equivalent;
- A certificate in computerized accounting especially competency in the evolving accounting packages such as Pastel, Quick books etc.
- Satisfactorily served at the position of Accountant I for at least three (3) years in a public institution.
How to Apply
Remuneration – Basic Salaries per cadre will be as follows:-
- Job Group RI.8 – Minimum KShs.31,020.00 Maximum KShs.41,590.00pm. plus other attractive benefits.
- Job Group RI.9 – Minimum KShs.35,910.00 Maximum KShs.45,880.00 pm. plus other attractive benefits.
- Job Group RI.10 – Minimum KShs.41,590.00 Maximum KShs.55,840.00 pm. plus other attractive benefits.
- Job Group RI.12 – Minimum KShs.77,527.00 Maximum KShs.103,894.00 pm. plus other attractive benefits.
These positions are permanent and pensionable. Applicants for Job Group RI. 12 must comply with Chapter 6 of the Constitution.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications with a detailed resume and copies of certificates and testimonials to the address shown below not later than 14th June 2017.
Kenya Marine and Fisheries Research Institute,
P.O. Box 81651 – 80100,
Phone: 020-8021560, 020-8021561
Email: [email protected]
KMFRI is an Equal opportunity Employer.
Note:Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.