Chief Security Officer Job at KMTC
Ref No: KMTC/QP-23/EAF/SS.3/2017
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill vacancies at the Kenya Medical Training College, as follows:
An officer at this level will be responsible to the Director for the efficient management and administration of Security Services in the College.
Duties for the Chief Security Officer Job
- undertaking risk and disaster management; deployment, training and development of security personnel;
- initiating, developing, reviewing and implementing security policies in the college;
- coordination of emergency procedures and contingency planning;
- maintaining records and charts of crimes and incidents; overseeing security surveys and inspections;
- preparing periodic returns on operational matters;
- planning and designing security documents e.g. passes, registers;
- liaising with relevant security agencies through security meetings and attend management meetings;
- coordination of investigations and prosecutions; profiling crime cases;
- training and staff development matters.
Chief Security Officer Job Requirements
- Have served in the grade of Senior Security Officer or in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service or in a reputable private sector organization for a minimum period of three (3) years;
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in any Social Science from a recognized institution; OR Have a Diploma in any Social Sciences and attended a Supervisory Skills Course lasting not less than two (2) weeks from a recognized institution; OR Have a Diploma in any Social Sciences and attended a Supervisory Skills Course lasting not less than two (2) weeks from a recognized institution; OR Served in the Disciplined Service in the rank of Inspector or an equivalent rank;
- Have undergone six (6) weeks approved security course at Criminal Investigation Department (CID) Training Institution;
- Have a First Aid Certificate Course;
- Have a Certificate in computer knowledge; and
- Have demonstrated professional competence and administrative capability in security matters;
How to Apply
Suitably qualified candidates are invited to send their applications, quoting the vacancy position and Reference Number, enclosing updated curriculum vitae, copies of academic and Professional Certificates, National Identity Card and a daytime telephone to:
THE DIRECTOR / CEO
KENYA MEDICAL TRAINING COLLEGE
P.O BOX 30195- 00100 NAIROBI
So as to reach him not later than Friday 14th July 2017.
The Kenya Medical Training College is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to implementing affirmative action. In this regard women, persons with disability and minorities with the requisite qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.