Admin Manager Kenyan Job At KNBS
Kenya National Bureau of Statistics (KNBS) is a corporate body established under the Statistics Act (2006). It is the principal Government agency responsible for the collection, compilation, analysis, publication and dissemination of official statistical information and its custody. It also oversees the coordination, supervision and development of programmes within the National Statistical System.
Kenya National Bureau of Statistics invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals with excellent credentials to fill the following positions
Job Title: Manager, Administration
KNBS: Level 4
Ref: KNBS/ (MA) 2/2016
No. of Posts: 1
Terms of Service: Permanent
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Administration, the Manager will be responsible for undertaking activities in the Administration Division.
Admin Manager Job Responsibilities
- Participating in ensuring that the Bureau’s premises are well maintained to the required standards of ambiance;
- Identifying obsolete assets, recommending and managing their disposal in a timely manner;
- Liaising with the Legal division to ensure that lease agreements are always in place and up to date;
- Participating in ensuring the safety and well-being of all staff, clients and visitors to all the Bureau’s premises;
- Ensuring adherence to the required security standards in all Bureau’s premises;
- Ensuring security of all the Bureau’s assets through the implementation of adequate security systems and security manning levels in all organization’s premises;
- Ensuring that all staff are effectively equipped to perform their responsibilities;
- Ensuring that the Bureau’s utilities are operational and that bills are settled promptly;
- Ensuring that all the fleet of vehicles is insured, maintained and available for official use by all employees while maintenance and usage (fuel cost) are maintained economically;
- Participating in preparation of work-plans and budgets for the sections;
- Supervising and managing staff in the sections;
- Implementing performance management activities;
- Participating in policy development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation;
- Ensuring the activities of the division are documented on a continuous basis;
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Head of the Division.
Requirements For Admin Manager Jobs
- Must be a holder of a first degree in Social Sciences or Business Administration from a recognized university;
- At least six (6) years working experience in the public sector, 3 (three) of which must have been at the level of Assistant Manager or its equivalent;
- Must have outstanding communication and motivation skills;
- Must be able to work in a collaborative team environment;
- Must meet the requirements of chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
How to Apply
- Applicants should fill and submit hard copies of the employment application form Ref. 93-1-6 which is also available on the website HERE accompanied by copies of academic and professional certificates, transcripts and testimonials. The reference number for the post applied for should be clearly marked on the envelope and addressed to:-
- The Director General Kenya National Bureau of Statistics P. O. Box 30266 – 00100 Herufi House, 1st Floor, Room 102 NAIROBI
- Applications must be received not later than 3rd May 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.