Internal Auditor Career At KNBS In Kenya
Kenya National Bureau of Statistics (KNBS) is a corporate body established under the Statistics Act (2006). It is the principal Government agency responsible for the collection, compilation, analysis, publication and dissemination of official statistical information and its custody. It also oversees the coordination, supervision and development of programmes within the National Statistical System.
Kenya National Bureau of Statistics invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals with excellent credentials to fill the following positionsJob
Job Title: Internal Auditor
KNBS: Level 6
Ref: KNBS/ IA/8/2016
No. of Posts: 1
Terms of Service: Permanent
Internal Auditor Job Purpose
- Reporting to the Assistant Manager Internal Audit, the officer will be expected to carry out Internal audit assignments that will enable the internal audit Division fulfill its annual work plans and deliver on the set objectives.
Internal Auditor Job Responsibilities
- Participating in planning, carrying value adding reports on internal audit assignments at the head office, field offices and projects as per the annual audit work plan, using a risk based audit approach in line with international best practice and emerging trends;
- Participating in reviewing all systems including Information Technology (IT), internal controls and risk management approaches to provide assurance on compliance, adequacy and mitigation of risks which will ensure achievement of KNBS objectives;
- Participating in reviewing finance records to confirm that financial information is accurate and financial transactions are in compliance with established practices, policies and values;
- Participating in the audit functions such as liaising with external auditors, funding partners and other review agencies on matters relating to audit and ensure proper follow up of implementation of recommendations;
- Carrying out other duties related to Internal Audit as required or directed by the Assistant Manager, Internal Audit.
Requirements For Internal Auditor Jobs
- Must have Bachelors degree in a Business related discipline;
- Must have CPA II qualification or above;
- Must be familiar with the working of computerized computer systems;
- Holder of Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Information System Auditor (CISA) will have an added advantage.
How to Apply
- Applicants should fill and submit hard copies of the employment application form Ref. 93-1-6 which is also available on the website HERE accompanied by copies of academic and professional certificates, transcripts and testimonials. The reference number for the post applied for should be clearly marked on the envelope and addressed to:-
- The Director General Kenya National Bureau of Statistics P. O. Box 30266 – 00100 Herufi House, 1st Floor, Room 102 NAIROBI