Ref: KNBS/ AMSAFM/12/2016
Kenya National Bureau of Statistics (KNBS) is a corporate body established under the Statistics Act (2006). It is the principal Government agency responsible for the collection, compilation, analysis, publication and dissemination of officialNstatistical information and its custody. It also oversees the coordination, supervision and development of programmes within the National Statistical System.
Reporting to the Manager, Chief Accountant the Assistant Manager, (Senior Accountant) will be responsible for assisting in all activities in respect to Financial Management.
Senior Accountant Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Implementing the Bureau’s accounting policies and procedures;
- Supervision of cash office operations to ensure prompt banking of cash and cheques, timely recording of receipts, payments, reconciliation of bank and petty cash accounts;
- Handling all bank reconciliations and bank correspondences;
- Verification of payment vouchers and accruals of funds;
- Maintenance of accurate and updated accounting information;
- General Ledger administration;
- Monitoring and authorizing Petty Cash expenses and reimbursements;
- Preparation of Annual Financial Statements;
- Management of staff imprests and advances;
- Apportioning of prepayments and district surrenders to specific cost centers;
- Provide the liaison with external auditors in audit of financial statements;
- Managing Fixed Assets portfolio register;
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Manager, (Chief Accountant).
Qualifications For Senior Accountant Assistant Job
- Must have a Bachelor degree in Commerce or related qualifications from a recognized Institution;
- Be a holder of CPA II or its equivalent;
- Must have served for a minimum progressive period of 3 years financial accounting experience;
- Be familiar with workings of computerized financial systems;
- Be familiar with Government Financial systems.
- Must be able to work in a collaborative team environment;
- Must demonstrate excellent communication and inter personal skills;
- Must meet the requirements of chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
How to Apply
Applicants should fill and submit hard copies of the employment application form Ref. 93-1-6 which is available on the KNBS website here accompanied by copies of academic, professional and other relevant certificates, transcripts and testimonials. The reference number for the post applied for should be clearly marked on the envelope and addressed to: The Director General Kenya National Bureau of Statistics P. O. Box 30266 – 00100 Herufi House, 1st Floor, Room 102 NAIROBI