Kenya National Bureau of Statistics (KNBS) is a corporate body established under the Statistics Act (2006). It is the principal Government agency responsible for the collection, compilation, analysis, publication and dissemination of officialNstatistical information and its custody. It also oversees the coordination, supervision and development of programmes within the National Statistical System.
Reporting to the Manager, Cartography/GIS, the GIS Technician will be responsible for Preparation of 2019 Kenya Population and Housing Census Enumeration Area Maps.
GIS Technician Job Responsibilities
- Geospatial data collection;
- Scanning and geo-referencing geospatial data;
- Digitizing features;
- Building topology and cleaning data ;
- Generating attribute data and metadata for digitized features;
- Constructing EA maps;
- Editing and effecting edits on EA maps before final production;
- Generating areas for the EA polygons;
- Clipping and uploading the final shape-file into tablets;
- Printing all the assigned EA maps ;
- Any other duties as assigned by the Manager, Cartography/GIS.
Qualifications For GIS Technician Job
- Bachelor Degree in any of the following disciplines: Cartography, Geographic Information System, Geo informatics, Photogrammetry, Environmental Studies or Geography from a recognized Institution.
- OR Diploma in Cartography, Geographic Information System, Land Surveying, Photogrammetry, Geo informatics or Environmental Studies from a recognized institution, with 1 (one) year of progressive track record in geospatial related work in Public or a key Private Sector Institution;
- Proficiency in the use of computer statistical packages;
- Must be able to work in a collaborative team environment;
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Must meet the requirements of chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
How to Apply
Applicants should fill and submit hard copies of the employment application form Ref. 93-1-6 which is available on the KNBS website here accompanied by copies of academic, professional and other relevant certificates, transcripts and testimonials. The reference number for the post applied for should be clearly marked on the envelope and addressed to: The Director General Kenya National Bureau of Statistics P. O. Box 30266 – 00100 Herufi House, 1st Floor, Room 102 NAIROBI