Kenya National Bureau of Statistics (KNBS) is a corporate body established under the Statistics Act (2006). It is the principal Government agency responsible for the collection, compilation, analysis, publication and dissemination of officialNstatistical information and its custody. It also oversees the coordination, supervision and development of programmes within the National Statistical System.
Reporting to the head of functional office the Secretarial Assistant will be responsible for all secretarial work.
Assistant Administration Job Responsibilities
- Taking oral dictation;
- Managing and organizing office records and documents;
- Operating office equipment;
- Attending to visitors/clients;
- Handling telephone calls and appointments;
- Maintaining office diary and travel itineraries;
- Ensuring security of office records, equipment and documents including classified materials;
- Preparing responses to single routine correspondences;
- Establishing and monitoring procedures for record keeping of correspondences and file movements;
- Ensuring security, integrity and confidentiality of data;
- Managing office protocol and etiquette;
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the head of functional office.
Qualifications For Assistant Administration Job
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education mean grade C (Plain) with at least C (plain) in English or Kiswahili language or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Business Education Single or Group Certificates (BES and GC) from the Kenya National Examination Council or any other recognized institution in the following subjects:-
- Typewriting II (minimum 40 w.p.m)/Computerized Document processing II;
- Business English I/communications;
- Office Practice I;Commerce I
- OR Craft certificate in Secretarial Studies from the Kenya National Examination Council or any recognized institution;
- Must have at least 3 (three) years progressive track record in secretarial work in a public or a key private sector institution;
- Certificate in Computer applications skills from a recognized institutions;
- Must be able to work in a collaborative team environment;
- Must demonstrate good communication and inter personal skills;
- Must meet the requirements of chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
How to Apply
Applicants should fill and submit hard copies of the employment application form Ref. 93-1-6 which is available on the KNBS website here accompanied by copies of academic, professional and other relevant certificates, transcripts and testimonials. The reference number for the post applied for should be clearly marked on the envelope and addressed to: The Director General Kenya National Bureau of Statistics P. O. Box 30266 – 00100 Herufi House, 1st Floor, Room 102 NAIROBI