Kenya National Bureau of Statistics (KNBS) is a corporate body established under the Statistics Act (2006). It is the principal Government agency responsible for the collection, compilation, analysis, publication and dissemination of officialNstatistical information and its custody. It also oversees the coordination, supervision and development of programmes within the National Statistical System.
Reporting to the Assistant Manager, Library services the Senior Officer, Library services will be responsible for the dissemination of statistical information to the public and the custodian of all KNBS publications.
Librarian Job Responsibilities
- Establish and implement library and information policies and procedures;
- Dissemination of KNBS Publications;
- Custody, selection and acquisition of various library materials;
- Management of electronic Information resources;
- Conducting Library User Education;
- Provision of library information service to the staff and the public;
- Payment of subscriptions;
- Preparation of the library budget;
- Ensure accuracy and compliance with national and international standards for bibliographic control;
- Compilation of various library reports;
- Cataloguing and classification of library materials;
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Assistant Manager, Library services.
Qualifications For Librarian Job
- Must have a Degree in Information Science/Library science or related qualifications from a recognized Institution;
- Proficiency in the use of computer statistical packages ;
- Have good interpersonal & communication skills;
- Must be able to work in a collaborative team environment;
- Must demonstrate good communication and inter personal skills;
- Must meet the requirements of chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
How to Apply
Applicants should fill and submit hard copies of the employment application form Ref. 93-1-6 which is available on the KNBS website here accompanied by copies of academic, professional and other relevant certificates, transcripts and testimonials. The reference number for the post applied for should be clearly marked on the envelope and addressed to: The Director General Kenya National Bureau of Statistics P. O. Box 30266 – 00100 Herufi House, 1st Floor, Room 102 NAIROBI