Ref: KNBS/ SAASP/18/2016
Kenya National Bureau of Statistics (KNBS) is a corporate body established under the Statistics Act (2006). It is the principal Government agency responsible for the collection, compilation, analysis, publication and dissemination of officialNstatistical information and its custody. It also oversees the coordination, supervision and development of programmes within the National Statistical System.
Reporting to the Senior Officer, Agriculture Statistics the Statistical Assistant, Agriculture Statistics will be responsible for Data collection.
Statistical Job Responsibilities
- Prepare Checklist of agricultural establishments;
- Organizing for Dispatch of agricultural questionnaires to establishments and farms;
- Editing and validating agricultural data;
- Conducting follow-ups with a view to obtaining statistical returns;
- Updating of responses in the master list; and
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Senior Officer, Agriculture Statistics.
Qualifications For Statistical Job
- Diploma in Statistics OR Ten (10) years’ experience as an Enumerator, OR Certificate in Statistics from a recognized institution with three (3) years progressive track record in statistical work in a public or a key private sector institution;
- Must possess basic computer skills;
- Must be able to work in a collaborative team environment;
- Must demonstrate good communication and inter personal skills;
- Must meet the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
How to Apply
Applicants should fill and submit hard copies of the employment application form Ref. 93-1-6 which is available on the KNBS website here accompanied by copies of academic, professional and other relevant certificates, transcripts and testimonials. The reference number for the post applied for should be clearly marked on the envelope and addressed to: The Director General Kenya National Bureau of Statistics P. O. Box 30266 – 00100 Herufi House, 1st Floor, Room 102 NAIROBI