Reporting to the Manager, Cartography the Mapping Assistant will be responsible for geospatial data collection activities for the 2019 Kenya Population and Housing Census.
Population & Social Statistics Job Responsibilities
- Geospatial data collection (picking GPS coordinates of all points of interest and their attribute data);
- Data editing;
- Data entry.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Manager, Cartography
Qualifications For Population & Social Statistics Job
- Must have at least form four level of education with a minimum aggregate of C plain, and a minimum of C plain in Geography or equivalent qualification;
- Experience from previous KNBS census mapping, cluster development and or Cluster updating will be an added advantage;
- Must possess basic computer skills;
- Must be able to work in a collaborative team environment;
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, be able to speak Kiswahili and English;
- Must meet the requirements of chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010.
How to Apply
Applicants should fill and submit hard copies of the employment application form Ref. 93-1-6 which is available on the KNBS website here accompanied by copies of academic, professional and other relevant certificates, transcripts and testimonials. The reference number for the post applied for should be clearly marked on the envelope and addressed to: The Director General Kenya National Bureau of Statistics P. O. Box 30266 – 00100 Herufi House, 1st Floor, Room 102 NAIROBI