Sampling Assistant Manager Job at Kenya National Bureau of Statistics
KNBS: Level 5
No. of Posts: 1
Kenya National Bureau of Statistics (KNBS) is a corporate body established under the Statistics Act (2006). It is the principal Government agency responsible for the collection, compilation, analysis, publication and dissemination of official statistical information and its custody.
It also oversees the coordination, supervision and development of programmes within the National Statistical System.
Kenya National Bureau of Statistics invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals with excellent credentials to fill the following position:-
Reporting to the Manager, Sampling, the job holder will be responsible for the sampling frames.
Roles for the Sampling Assistant Manager Job
- Developing and maintaining of sampling frames ;
- Managing the Bureau’s household-based master sampling frame by employing best practices and technology;
- Developing design methodologies for sample surveys conducted by the Bureau and/or other stakeholders;
- Providing technical advice on all aspects of sample survey design and sampling techniques to various stakeholders;
- Providing assistance in planning, logistics, budgeting and guidance for sample surveys;
- Drawing samples from corresponding sampling frames;
- Providing estimation techniques, including calculation of weights and cited statistics for various sample surveys;
- Reviewing and advising on the proposals forwarded to the Bureau for conducting sample surveys in line with the mandate of the Bureau within the National Statistical Systems (NSS);
- Reviewing and assisting in calculation of variances /Standard Errors for reporting of indicators;
- Advising on questionnaire designs to ensure that indicators are calculated correctly.
Sampling Assistant Manager Job Requirements
- A Bachelor Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics or equivalent qualifications from a recognized Institution;
- At least three (3) years progressive track record in statistical work as a Senior Officer (KNBS level 6) or its equivalent in a public or key private sector institution;
- Skills in statistical data analysis using the various statistical soft wares;
- Experience in planning, coordination and supervision of statistical activities and programmes such as censuses and surveys;
- Knowledge in field operations;
- Be able to work in a collaborative team environment;
- Should be able to demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Must meet the requirements of chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya.
How to Apply
Applicants should fill and submit a copy of the employment application form Ref. 93-1-6 which is available on the KNBS website www.knbs.or.ke accompanied by copies of academic, professional and other relevant certificates, transcripts and testimonials. The reference number for the post applied for should be clearly marked on the envelope and addressed to:
The Director General
Kenya National Bureau of Statistics
P. O. Box 30266 – 00100
Herufi House, 1st Floor, Room 102
Applications must be received not later than 4th July, 2017 and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
KENYA NATIONAL BUREAU OF STATISTICS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES, WOMEN, THE MARGINALISED AND MINORITY GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY