The Kenya National Bureau of Statistics (KNBS) is a corporate body established under the Statistics Act (2006).
It is the principal Government agency responsible for the collection, compilation, analysis, publication and dissemination of official statistical information and its custody.
It also oversees the coordination, supervision and development of programmes within the National Statistical System.
The Kenya National Bureau of Statistics invites applications from suitable qualified and experienced individuals with excellent credentials to fill the following positions:-
Job Title: Senior Manager, Internal Audit
KNBS: Level 3
Ref: KNBS/ SMIA/14/2015
No. of Posts: 1
The Kenya National Bureau of Statistics invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals with excellent credentials to fill the following position-
Job Purpose: Reporting to the Audit Committee, the officer will be responsible for all technical / professional aspects relating to Internal Audit, whilst reporting to the Director General administratively.
The Senior Manager Internal Audit will also be in charge of all the staff in the Internal Audit Division.
- Conducting systems Audits to provide reasonable assurance that the Bureau’s operating systems such as cash management, procurement, transport, revenue/AIA among others are functioning effectively;
- Conducting Risk Based Audits to provide reasonable assurance that risk management processes and structures put in place by management are functioning effectively;
- Providing consultancy services to the Bureau in developing appropriate risk management, control and governance frameworks;
- Conducting Value for Money performance Audits geared towards economic, effective and efficient use of public resources and sound management of public expenditure;
- Conducting Information Technology supported audits, including payroll audits with a view to enhancing internal controls in a computerized environment;
- Reviewing, analyzing and evaluating budgetary allocation and re-allocation processes and periodical budgetary performance reports submitted to the Auditor General;
- Reviewing and evaluating Annual financial statements before they are submitted to the Auditor General;
- Verifying and analyzing periodical financial returns required to be submitted to Treasury by the Bureau from time to time;
- Providing secretarial support to the KNBS Audit Committee;
- Carrying out investigations/special audits on irregularities identified or reported on any wastage of public funds;
- Conducting periodic Public Expenditure Tracking Surveys on specific programmes in different sectors to ascertain economical effective and efficient utilization or resources;
- Preparing work-plans and budgets for the division;
- Supervising and managing staff in the division;
- Implementing performance management activities;
- Monitoring and evaluation of policies and their implementation;
- Ensuring the activities of the division are documented on a continuous basis;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Audit Committee.
Requirements for Appointment
- Has a business related degree from a recognized University;
- At least 10 years working experience in the public sector, 3 (three) of which must have been at the level of Manager or its equivalent;
- Must possess professional qualifications such as CPA (K), ACCA or equivalent and must be a member of a relevant professional body in good standing;
- Knowledge of computerized and financial systems;
- Knowledge of Government Financial operations;
- Must be a team player with relevant leadership skills and experience;
- Must have outstanding communication and motivation skills;
- Must meet the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution of Kenya 2010
How to Apply
Applicants should submit application letters accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae using the KNBS CV format (CLICK HERE to download), Bio Data Form (CLICK HERE to download), full names and contacts of three (3) referees, daytime contacts, and copies of academic and professional certificates, transcripts and testimonials.
The reference number for the post applied should be clearly marked on the envelope and addressed to:-
The Director General Kenya National Bureau of Statistics P. O. Box 30266 – 00100 Herufi House, 1st Floor, Room 102 Nairobi
Applications must be received not later than 24th of September.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kenya National Bureau of Statistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Director General Kenya National Bureau of Statistics