The Kenya National Bureau of Statistics (KNBS) is a corporate body established under the Statistics Act (2006).
It is the principal Government agency responsible for the collection, compilation, analysis, publication and dissemination of official statistical information and its custody.
It also oversees the coordination, supervision and development of programmes within the National Statistical System.
The Kenya National Bureau of Statistics invites applications from suitable qualified and experienced individuals with excellent credentials to fill the following positions:-
Job Title: Support Staff, Driver
KNBS: Level 10
Ref: KNBS/ SSD/16/2015
No. of Posts: 5
Job Purpose: Reporting to the Transport Officer, the Driver will be responsible for all activities relating to driving and be in-charge of the vehicle allocated to him/her.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Safe custody, cleanliness and Maintenance of vehicle assigned;
- Driving motor vehicles as authorized with due care and adhering to the traffic law;
- Detecting and reporting malfunctioning of vehicles systems, check level of fluids in the vehicle(water, engine oil, brake fluid, fuel and transmission oil) and top them up as necessary;
- Reporting cases of any vehicle accidents and incidents and preparing reports on the same;
- Delivery and collection of mail, documents and equipment;
- Reporting vehicle defects and ensure the vehicle is serviced as per schedule;
- Maintenance of vehicle work ticket and work as per schedule;
- Monitoring and reporting on the installed motor vehicle tracking system;
- Keeping custody and being accountable for the fuel and issued cards;
- Ensuring safety of passengers, occupants of other vehicles and other road users including pedestrians;
- Ensuring no unauthorized goods and passengers are carried in official vehicle; and
- Any other duties lawfully assigned by the Transport Officer.
Requirements for Appointment
- At least KCSE certificate with D+ or its equivalent;
- At least 3 years driving experience (B, C, E);
- A pass in suitability test for drivers from the Ministry of Transport & Public Works;
- Must have passed Occupational Trade Test I for Drivers;
- A valid driving license free from any current endorsement(s) for class(es) of vehicle(s) the officer is required to drive;
- A valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Kenya Police;
- Attended a First-Aid Certificate Course lasting not less than 1(one) week from St. Johns Ambulance or Kenya Institute of Highways and Building Technology (KIHBT).
- Must have demonstrated outstanding professional competence in work performance and results;
- Training in defensive driving will be an added advantage;
- Basic knowledge in mechanics will be an added advantage
How to Apply
Applicants should submit application letters accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae using the KNBS CV format (CLICK HERE to download), Bio Data Form (CLICK HERE to download), full names and contacts of three (3) referees, daytime contacts, and copies of academic and professional certificates, transcripts and testimonials.
The reference number for the post applied should be clearly marked on the envelope and addressed to:-
The Director General Kenya National Bureau of Statistics P. O. Box 30266 – 00100 Herufi House, 1st Floor, Room 102 Nairobi
Applications must be received not later than 24th of September.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kenya National Bureau of Statistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Director General Kenya National Bureau of Statistics