The Kenya National Commission on Human Rights (KNCHR) is an independent National Human Rights Institution created by Article 59 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and established by the Government of Kenya through an Act of Parliament (the Kenya National Commission on Human Rights Act, 2011) and under the United Nations Paris Principles.
KNCHR’s mandate includes furthering the protection and promotion of human rights in Kenya.
The commission is currently implementing its reviewed strategic plan 2015 – 2018 with a mission to protect, promote and monitor the respect for human rights in Kenya through law, policy and practice.
KNCHR therefore seeks to conduct a baseline survey in order to gather relevant quantitative and qualitative data for indicators at all level of results which will be used to measure progress against the set goals and objectives throughout and at the end of 2015 – 2018 strategic planning period.
KNCHR hereby invites applications for the following short term positions to assist with the upcoming baseline survey:
Reports to: Senior Monitoring and evaluation Officer
Duration: 1 Month
Description of key duties
- Data entry and editing
- Creating datasets as will be guided by the supervisor
- Data analysis.
- Report generation.
- Ensure that all data is captured and reported correctly.
Qualifications and Experience required
- Must have either a Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Social Sciences, Economics or other related disciplines from a recognized university.
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience in statistical work or in field research
- Proven skills in Data analysis and Management.
- Excellent command of computer applications.
- Knowledge of statistical packages e.g. STATA and SPSS and Qualitative data analysis.
- Excellent data coding and reporting skills.
- Ready to work for long hours including weekends.
How to Apply
If you possess the above qualities, please send your application clearly indicating the preferred region on the subject matter of your cover letter, together with a detailed C.V, names and telephone contacts of three referees, to reach us by 28th August, 2015 to:
The Commission Secretary, Kenya National Commission on Human Rights, Lenana Road, CVS Plaza, 1st Floor. P. O. Box 74359-00200,
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
KNCHR is an equal opportunity employer