KNCHR hereby invites applications for the following position in its head office:Human Resource and Administration Manager
Reports to: Commission Secretary
Location: Head Office, with occasional travel
Duration: Five Years contract (renewable)
Gross Salary: Kshs 281,950
Job Objective: To provide strategic leadership in all Human Resource Management and Administration issues for the Commission.
The Kenya National Commission on Human Rights (KNCHR) is an independent National Human Rights Institution created by Article 59 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and established by the Government of Kenya through an Act of Parliament (the Kenya National Commission on Human Rights Act, 2011) and under the United Nations Paris Principles.
KNCHR’s mandate includes furthering the protection and promotion of human rights in Kenya, acting as a watchdog over the Government in the area of human rights, and the provision of Leadership in moving the country towards a human rights state.
KNCHR fulfils its human rights mandate through a number of programmes, including Research and Compliance, Public Education and Training, Complaints and Investigations, Redress and Economic, Social and Cultural Rights.
The Commission’s main office is in Nairobi with four regional offices in Wajir, Kitale, Mombasa and Kisumu.
Officers may serve in the Head Office or in any of the regional offices.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all Human Resource functions: planning, recruitment, orienting/inducting and training as required in line with the commission’s strategic needs and in liaison with other departmental heads
- Designing, reviewing, formulating and coordinating the implementation of administrative and human resources policies, procedures and standard documentation in line with the changing circumstances and strategic needs of the organization, ensuring that the Human Resources manual is in conformity with the labour laws of Kenya at all times.
- Design and implement Performance Management System in liaison with the Commission Secretary and other departmental Heads.
- Design and implement talent management programs to attract highly skilled candidates; develop and foster new staff; develop and retain high performing employees.
- Establish fair systems of remuneration, administer staff benefits, salary administration, formulate and review policies on the same in conjunction with relevant organizations
- Strategic advisory role on the management of various benefits such as health, insurance, gratuity and pension administration.
- Manage staff welfare, conflict resolution, and grievance handling to create and foster an enabling environment where productivity thrives.
- Responsible for all commission assets, equipment’s, staff records and their utilization
- In charge of the Occupational and safety needs of the employees
- Provide overall management of the Departments budgets and ensure the timely and quality preparation and presentation of Departmental reports as may be required from time to time.
- Undertake the overall supervision and performance management of all Departmental staff
Skills, Experience and Minimum Qualifications
- A Master’s in Business Administration, MA or MSc degree
- Eight years work experience of which four (4) must be in a senior supervisory position
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of various employment and labor laws
- Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resources or a concentration in Human Resources Management
- Registered and active member of IHRM (K)
- Strategic, leadership and management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and people/team management skills
- Conflict and stress management skills
- Information analysis and Good organization, report writing, and presentation skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
How to Apply
If you possess the above qualities, please send your application through our post office or by hand delivery, clearly indicating the position, and the Ref No. on both the cover letter and envelope, together with a detailed C.V, names and telephone contacts of three referees one of whom should be your immediate supervisor, to reach us by Friday 14th August, 2015 to:
The Commission Secretary,
Kenya National Commission on Human Rights
Lenana Road, CVS Plaza, 1st Floor
P. O. Box 74359-00200
Email: [email protected]
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
KNCHR is an equal opportunity employer which offers a competitive remuneration commensurate to qualifications and experience.
Qualified female candidates and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.