Commission Secretary Jobs at Kenya National Commission on Human Rights
REF: KNCHR/ADM/ CS /16/2017
Reports to: Commission Chairperson
Duration: 5 year term, eligible for a further term of 5 years
Duty Station: Nairobi with occasional travel
Gross Entry Salary: Kshs. 526,058 or as determined by SRC
Chief Executive and Head of Secretariat. This position is responsible for ensuring that the mandate of the Commission to foster promotion and awareness of human rights is achieved.
Commission Secretary Job Responsibilities
- Coordinating and supervising the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the
- Commission’s programmatic, financial and institutional plans.
- Enhance good communication and harmony among the Staff, the Commissioners and other stakeholders, including members of the public, government and other public institutions, civil society and international community actors.
- Undertaking transparent, effective and efficient management of personnel including continuous improvement in human resource management policies and systems.
- Ensuring that internal and external audits are carried out and issues are addressed on a timely manner, as well as ensuring that statutory and related legal requirements are adhered to.
- Performing any other duty as assigned by the Commission.
Qualifications for the Commission Secretary Job
- Be a Citizen of the Republic of Kenya.
- Minimum of a Master’s Degree in Social Sciences from a University recognized in Kenya.
PhD and post graduate qualification in Strategic and Project Management, Planning, Proposal Writing, Leadership/Administration, Governance and Human Rights will be an added advantage.
- Fifteen (15) years working experience with at least five (5) years at a top/senior level management position.
- Prior extensive experience in Public Administration.
- Meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya.
- Strong Leadership and Strategic Management skills.
- Demonstrable financial management, planning and budgeting skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Good organizational, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Ability to work in stressful and demanding environments.
How to Apply
Please note that it is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the application.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
KNCHR is an equal opportunity employer which offers a competitive remuneration commensurate to qualifications and experience. Qualified female candidates and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates should submit copies of clearance certificates from the following institutions:-
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Criminal Investigations Department (CID)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
If you possess the above qualities, please submit your applications manually through the post office or by hand delivery, clearly indicating the position, and the Ref No. on both the cover letter and envelope, together with a detailed C.V, names and telephone contacts of three referees one of whom should be your immediate supervisor, to reach us by Tuesday 25th July, 2017 to:
The Commission Secretary,
Kenya National Commission on Human Rights
Lenana Road, CVS Plaza, 1st Floor
P. O. Box 74359-00200